From one hard find to another

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It took only 3 months to track down a complete set of factory rims for my truck. Even still had to get them refinished.

Now the even harder hunt begins. Factory lug nuts for those wheels. I can buy them from ford but at nearly $10 a pop, I'm not going to spend $200 on lug nuts.

2002 F150 Fx4 has stainless steel lug nuts. Closest match is a chrome capped steel lug nut that comes on the Harley trucks.

Common response from salvage yards is, Good luck, Try such and such, and haven't seen them in years.

I'm calling in a couple of favors to two local dealers. Hopefully I can get these down to a reasonable price. If not Its time to rattle can the studs and lug nuts black.

Drail

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
are they flat bottomed with like a built in washer? or are they coned?
dang i answered my own question there was one on the lot i looked at... sorry man had a box of them but they are coned.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
flat bottom for a hub centric wheel.

I can get the factory black one for free from a friend. The elusive stainless ones are hard to find. Excuse me, damn near impossible to find.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried ebay or are you a member of any F150 forums? Try those as sources. Youd be suprised sometimes what you can find on automotive forums especially if you post a parts wanted thread. I get alot of the parts for my car off LS1tech, especially if its a aftermarket part. But I have sourced plenty of stock replacement parts that only the dealer carries local too for alot less.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried ebay or are you a member of any F150 forums? Try those as sources. Youd be suprised sometimes what you can find on automotive forums especially if you post a parts wanted thread. I get alot of the parts for my car off LS1tech, especially if its a aftermarket part. But I have sourced plenty of stock replacement parts that only the dealer carries local too for alot less.

been there done that. The lugs I have ordered are a domed lug instead of the Ford flat top style. I'll see how they look in the holes. If they don't look good back to the search.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The LMC lug nuts would have worked. However, for 100 bucks for the set of 20, not liking the price. Solid nuts are better than the capped nuts. Only one unseated socket on an impact gun to ruin that cap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom