FTF Problems w/SW M&P 15-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXshooter2k9

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
will do, not a problem, glad to help, i had seen the gun in a mag, and went to acacademy, mainly just to get a price and look, but once they let me take a look at it, i couldnt give it back, i loved it. So i bought it, bout 3-4 days later, it was on its way back to S&W. Was pretty disappointed. So i hope all goes well this time once i get it back.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received the shipping label from S&W in my email today. Found out that I can't ship the rifle back in it's original box (cannot display anything on the outside that identifies it as a weapon). Now I have to figure out how and where to pack this thing. Still thinking about borrowing another magazine first...........any volunteers??

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
have your thought about getting a roll of that brown wrapping paper, to wrap the box in, could you do that?

I thought about that initially, but will S&W re-wrap my original box to send it back? I really want to keep the original box. I don't want to take a chance on them trashing it and mailing back my gun in a generic box. I guess you will be able to tell me how yours arrives, right? I assume Academy sent yours in the original shipping container.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why can't you just take it back? I know the stores won't let you but I think that is terrible service and it really sucks to buy a product and can't use it for several weeks.

TXshooter2k9

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i feel the same way, thought Academy was an azz about it all, i know its there 'policy' and all, but still, they could have done something if they wanted a real happy customer, i had the gun for 3-4 days before sending it off. Nothin but problems. They wouldnt do anything for me, except send it off, i wasnt to happy about it all, 4 day old gun, and having to send it off for a month. I can tell you i wont be getting another gun from there. I'll find somebody thats happy to exhcange or whatever the gun for me.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i feel the same way, thought Academy was an azz about it all, i know its there 'olicy' and all, but still, i had the gun for 3-4 days before sending it off. Nothin but problems. They wouldnt do anything for me, except send it off, i wasnt to happy about it all, 4 day old gun, and having to send it off for a month. I can tell you i wont be getting another gun from there. I'll find somebody thats happy to exhcange or whatever the gun for me.

Does anyone know if there is a place that will exchange guns that have problems?

TXshooter2k9

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i know theres a guy over on the s&w forums, that got his 15-22 from a gun shop, he had the same issues, he took it back to them, and they where happy to exchange it for another one, and that one worked Flawlessly.