Funniest Sitcom of All Time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Funnies sitcom ever

• Simpsons

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 76 33.9%
  • Family Guy

Votes: 46 20.5%
  • Cheers

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Married With Children

Votes: 48 21.4%
  • Friends

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • M*A*S*H

Votes: 27 12.1%
  • All In The Family

Votes: 19 8.5%
  • Taxi

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Andy Griffith, Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke, I Love Lucy

Votes: 25 11.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Oh crap, South Park should definitely be on the list; my bad. Definitely South Park instead of Taxi; oops.

Sanford & Son, lol; fogot about that one. "Lizabeth, I'm comin to meet ya!" Barney Miller was also very good, I'll give you that; not to mention Night Court.

Unfortunately, I've never seen Soap or Arrested Development, so they didn't make the list, right or wrong.

Woah, Bundy - absolutely - I'm Grandmaster B.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a tough one. I Love Lucy, All In The Family and Sanford and Son were pretty great. All 3 of them pushed humor to the acceptable limits of their time, and that's the only way to be funny. Other shows like Andy Griffith are good, but not really funny. I Love Lucy is still funny, to anyone, no matter what year it is. Good writing, great acting by Lucille Ball.

Seinfeld has to be my top pick, it's from my era and I could write write the plot to every episode from memory after watching the first 30 seconds. Jason Alexander and Julia Louis-Dreyfus made that show, sorry Jerry. To be honest and slightly sexist, most women aren't funny actors. It's true. Julia is in the caliber of Lucy (when she has a good part, like Elaine).

Louis C.K.'s new show Louie is probably the hardest I have ever laughed at a TV show.

The Simpsons was hilarious until the later years, and is the grandfather of modern animated sitcoms.

King of the Hill, first few seasons were great. Should have killed it before it got weak.

Beavis and Butthead is brilliant to anyone from my generation, or who can see that the real comedy is below the seemingly sophomoric surface. It's sharp satire of 90's pop culture, American society, politics and that generation. Mike Judge is a master satirist.

The spinoff Daria is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Some of these ain't funny, like Cheers. Tad Danson could suck the funny out of a Funny Factory.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soap was very, very funny. I remember it being kind of controversial at first. In fact, I wasn't allowed to watch it for a while (hey, I was in like 3rd or 4th grade). Soap has kind of faded from my memory, though, because I don't ever see it in reruns. It's just kind of disappeared, and I haven't thought about it in years.

Yeah they pushed the envelope at times,

SOAP-CHUCK AND BOB MEET THE FAMILIES.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeppN1PwH8

Latest posts

Top Bottom