I just got change back from a cashier

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sure we could come up with a laundry list of reasons explaining why kids lack the basic skills to make it through life but in my eyes two main ones stand out ahead of all the others, that being indifferent teachers/administration and uninvolved, lazy parents. The Mrs is an amazing teacher and the things she tells me other teachers are doing….or rather not doing just blows my mind. For instance she had a student turn in a paper that was written well beyond the child’s abilities and after running it through an AI checker it turned out to be plagiarized and had been written by a computer program. My wife brought the student in explaining that she had a week to redo the paper. Child’s mother came in and flipped out saying her child wasn’t a cheater, admin did nothing but move the child to another class and ultimately nothing was done other than teaching a student that cheating is alright and you don’t have to worry about any consequences. Very sad ☹️

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a netflix show for little kids that is amazing.
It is called Numberblocks.

My grandson gets a lot of life lessons from me and one was counting money and knowing the differences in different coins.

This Numberblocks show has him whipped into multiplication tables.

He is pretty good at it for being 5 years old.

We were making piles of coins that would = 100 cents.
I was racing him with a big pile of change poured out on the floor.

Yea I went slow and let him win but he was pretty quick at counting and adding them up.
Good on you G pa!

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, there is that Constitution thing, and the prohibition of setting up different levels of citizens. That was pretty much the reason for the break from England.

Oh well

Our founding fathers could not have anticipated how dumb young americans have become in the last 10 years

It wont happem, but would be nice if the strong stopped letting themselves be pushed around by the weak

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My aunt was teaching us in grade school how to count money. But she was also teaching us how to drive sitting in her lap. Lol.
That's how I learned to drive.
I was driving wheat trucks when 12 years old when sitting on Sears and Robuck's catalogs.
It was legal then from the field to the elevator.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds like the arguments coming from the blue team wanting to change the 2A because the founders could not have anticipated modern weapons and stupid people using them. All of the Constitution stands, or none of it stands.
I'm working in my head about how a sonic works into a 2A argument, but I'm all for it!

Sonic is an Oklahoma business that has gone all over the nation.
They don't own the property they do business on, leasing it from a holding company.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was referring to the comment that having every citizen vote was a bad idea because the founding fathers couldn't anticipate how dumb the young Americans would become. And comparing to current arguments that 2A should be changed.
Did the Founding Fathers set up a system where every citizen could vote?

No, they did not.

They knew.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s been a while but didn’t we learn to count money in first grade?
I know they do here just went thru it with my 1st grader, they didnt go into as much detail as i would like but she got the concept of it so hopefully will go into more detail next year.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that is extremely cute. So the Constitution was wrong and needed to be corrected. You just set up the argument for “correcting” 2A, and freedom of speech, freedom of religion, due process, and on and on.

The earlier comment on this thread relating to voting rights proposed that various levels of society should officially exist, and be given extra number of votes depending on an individual’s position in that hierarchy of society.
I'm not sure how you inferred that from my post.

The Constitution was not wrong and needed no correction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom