Fur 2014/2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone taken anything yet? 9 good coons, 2 skunks, and 2 grinners since Wednesday on 5 sets. This weeks weather looks good. Who knew a coon could get so muddy! Was going to set my good coon spots this weekend but the mud prevented that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None in my area.
I did spot a young badger while on the deer stand the other day. That has to go.

What does it take to trap a badger? 2nd one I've seen in many years of prowling this country.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
anybody ever catch porcupines in your traps.If so what do you do??

Yes sir, shoot and dump. Usually catch a couple a year. Your area has a bunch!
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_38591_1358009186481.jpg

None in my area.
I did spot a young badger while on the deer stand the other day. That has to go.

What does it take to trap a badger? 2nd one I've seen in many years of prowling this country.

They come to any lure just like a yote or a cat will. Trap close to the den. Position the trap a little farther off to the side because of their wider than normal body for their size. Use a LONG chain, they'll dig the stake up if a short chain is used.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They come to any lure just like a yote or a cat will. Trap close to the den. Position the trap a little farther off to the side because of their wider than normal body for their size. Use a LONG chain, they'll dig the stake up if a short chain is used.

Just read up on this. Your right. They will bury the live trap they are caught in. I know several people that have lost ponds to badgers digging into the dam. Their dens are deep. Gotta get rid of this one.

DREW42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still kind of early for coons. I would give them a few more weeks. A blue skin coon isn't worth much. Even a good clean coon isn't go for much so a blue skin is almost worthless. There is still a ton of coon left from last year so not very many buyers are going to be wanting them. I would focus on the coyotes and cats this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom