Fur 2014/2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DREW42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a fur buyer and what I see sometimes is when people put up their fur they use the wrong size stretcher and that kills the price. I'm always trying to help /show people the best way to put up their fur so they can get maximum dollar. No matter where they sell them because people work hard for their fur.

DREW42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Example of blue skins. Not my pic, but a good example. Poor choice of stretcher too, stretcher should be the same width from the shoulder to the butt. Of course if you sell whole to a local buyer, blue skin is not an issue........rubbing is as the season goes on.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_bluecoons_zps9998c8ee.jpg
There is nothing wrong with the stretchers in the picture in fact if you had the same width from shoulder to butt WILL cost you money. Maybe years ago that didn't matter but today that is not what they want

DREW42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a fur buyer and what I see sometimes is when people put up their fur they use the wrong size stretcher and that kills the price. I'm always trying to help /show people the best way to put up their fur so they can get maximum dollar. No matter where they sell them because people work hard for their fur.

PS: I am not going to be buying very many coons this year so I would recommend calling /talking to your buyer before you pile up bunch of coons this year

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the stretchers in the picture in fact if you had the same width from shoulder to butt WILL cost you money. Maybe years ago that didn't matter but today that is not what they want

Didn't realize that, thanks for the heads up. It's been almost 10 years since I've shipped any. Appreciate it. :)

DREW42

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also recommend looking into what they call the money cut when skinning coons. Because it will give you about 1more inch or so on the pelt which means more money for you

Latest posts

Top Bottom