Furlough notice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your furlough.
We took a 17.5% pay cut in 2003, cut 1/2 our holidays and another 10% of benefits were also cut. Lost 1 week of PREVIOUSLY EARNED Vacation.
Since then our benefits have TRIPPLED IN COST, so the few percent increase that we've had over the last 10 years have been negated by more benefits cost to employee and loss of even more benefits. They also took away our pension on top of it all.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, that is brutal.
Unfortunately the REAL cuts to be made in the government are protected by special interest groups or powerful politicians. There is so much garbage spending it is ridiculous.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No matter how you look at it, it's a lousy break for anyone losing their job or taking a pay cut. Usually, when someone is dumped on they play hell getting back what they lost. :(

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still no furlough notice for me, but we all got a very funny broadcast email.

The notice was dated 7 March and said that people would be receiving their furlough notices sometime in the next 48 hours, and it was very important that everyone acknowledge receipt of said furlough notice no later than 11:59PM on 7 March.

Excuse me, but if notices might come out as late as 9 March, based on their 48 hour time period above, how the heck are people supposed to acknowledge receipt NLT 11:59pm tonight?

I think whoever wrote that, and whoever approved it should be the first furlough candidates LOL!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still no furlough notice for me, but we all got a very funny broadcast email.

The notice was dated 7 March and said that people would be receiving their furlough notices sometime in the next 48 hours, and it was very important that everyone acknowledge receipt of said furlough notice no later than 11:59PM on 7 March.

Excuse me, but if notices might come out as late as 9 March, based on their 48 hour time period above, how the heck are people supposed to acknowledge receipt NLT 11:59pm tonight?

I think whoever wrote that, and whoever approved it should be the first furlough candidates LOL!

:lookaroun Good Lord ... that sounds like some folks I used to work for ... at the STATE!! :lmfao:

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, my heart goes out to you guys. I'm pretty sure a 20% paycut would really crimp our style ...

My family took a 40% pay cut, with NO warning, when my wife lost her private sector job 3 years ago. Yeah it sucks....Talk about a style crimper. But I worked harder and made half of that up. We adapted, cut back and made major lifestyle changes and we're still just now seeing a small light at the end of the tunnel. I do feel for anyone going through that.
But a lot of people over the past 3-5 years have been through worse than us and those of you getting hit now. I know I'm grateful it wasn't worse.

Many of us have lived it in the private sector BUT, It was only a matter of time before it hit the gov sector. Whether through sequester or other cuts, it was going to happen sooner or later. This time these politicians used gov sector workers as leverage,bait, pawns, whatever you wanna call it. You guys got used. But in the end welcome to the real world. It could be worse though, always keep that in mind. Hell with these buffoons in office it dang well could get worse for the gov sector. plan now for the worse, hope for the best. Good luck with all this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom