G43 vs 26 experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During a break-in range session, I "seemed" to be more accurate w/ G43 at 7-10yrds. WOW. Anyone have any comments on the 43?

The 43 has factory sights and the 26 has trijicons. At 5yrds, the G26 was more accurate...I'm not experienced enough to know why.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned and shot both. I prefer the 26. That being said my 26 wears plus 2 extensions on both mags plus I have undercut and rounded the trigger guard. Removed the finger grooves. At 62 it is more accurate than I am, lol.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m almost as accurate with my G43 as I am with my G19. But then, I’m just talking about minute of bad guy anyway. The 43 does surprise me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses...after watching hickok45 on youtube ping the gong (80-90yrds I think) with his G26, I expected the 26 to shoot more like my G17. I probably haven't spent enough time with it yet though to know for sure. I was just surprised I shot tighter groups with the 43 at 7-10yrds. It pleasantly surprised me. Oh, and hickok45 also hit the gong a few times with the G43 which is insane; not sure if you guys ever watch his gun reviews but they are a treat.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During a break-in range session, I "seemed" to be more accurate w/ G43 at 7-10yrds. WOW. Anyone have any comments on the 43?

The 43 has factory sights and the 26 has trijicons. At 5yrds, the G26 was more accurate...I'm not experienced enough to know why.

I am shocked at the performance of the G43 and the S&W shield for that matter ........for the size they are pretty damn accurate. I carry the shield and a springfield mod2 compact l bought the wife a Glock 43 and she bought a shield also and carries one or the other.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man a lot of things can factor in to how well you shoot a handgun and especially one thats striker fired. The way your hand fits the grip, quality of trigger pull, actual shape of the trigger shoe, sights... A friend of mine has a G22 that he put a fiber optic front sight on that had the changeable FO so you could change colors. Now I know he is a very good shot with a handgun, we shoot all the time. All of a sudden for a few weeks his groups went to crap. Not horrible but nowhere near as well as he shoots on even his off days. I asked him what color FO he had in his sight and he had red, he said he picks up the red better. I looked through his color choice and I told him to try the pink one. He did and his groups instantly went back to normal for him.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man a lot of things can factor in to how well you shoot a handgun and especially one thats striker fired. The way your hand fits the grip, quality of trigger pull, actual shape of the trigger shoe, sights... A friend of mine has a G22 that he put a fiber optic front sight on that had the changeable FO so you could change colors. Now I know he is a very good shot with a handgun, we shoot all the time. All of a sudden for a few weeks his groups went to crap. Not horrible but nowhere near as well as he shoots on even his off days. I asked him what color FO he had in his sight and he had red, he said he picks up the red better. I looked through his color choice and I told him to try the pink one. He did and his groups instantly went back to normal for him.

Why do you think the color change on the fiber optic front had that much to do with his groups? Just able to bring it into focus better? I have both red and green; can’t say that it makes any difference to me.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do you think the color change on the fiber optic front had that much to do with his groups? Just able to bring it into focus better? I have both red and green; can’t say that it makes any difference to me.

I know it did. I was there for it. He could pick up the front sight easier with the red but apparently it was a little overwhelming to his eyes and was having trouble seeing the target while focusing on the front sight. Pink, or any other color solved it for him. It was just a guess from me but it turned out to be right. People have a hard time understanding that not everybody sees or reacts to different colors and light the same way. Thats why its so hard to recommend a sight set for someone or even yourself without actually trying them.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

My personal favorites are Trijicon HD (XRs) with the orange post.

My least favorite are their blacked out suppressor sights; I wouldn't say that I am any less accurate with them, but the time it takes before I am confident enough to break the shot is SUBSTANTIALLY increased!

Latest posts

Top Bottom