Game Wardens on Tenkiller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jared said:
Well I confess it was me, and yes I did thank him for excercising his 2nd amendment rights. And by the way you guys were the ONLY group we checked that night that wasnt breaking the law (that we know of) and thanks again for that.:clap3:

Jared, what were the violations of the other fishermen?
Just for our info, to make sure we all come to the lake informed.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I confess it was me, and yes I did thank him for excercising his 2nd amendment rights. And by the way you guys were the ONLY group we checked that night that wasnt breaking the law (that we know of) and thanks again for that.:clap3:

What a small world. Thanks for ding what you do! Interesting thread here.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool story but isnt it illegal to carry while in a state park??? i have always thought so?????????

They weren't in a state park (atleast when I checked them on the water). No Brady was not with me, and the violations we found were: Fishing without a license, fishing without a license on person, Failure to attach name & address to juglines.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool story but isnt it illegal to carry while in a state park??? i have always thought so?????????

It is not illegal to carry in a state park.

TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;
3. Any prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold, or house arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent;
4. Any elementary or secondary school;
5. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;
6. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and
7. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
1. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority,
2. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by any entity offering any professional sporting event which is open to the public for admission, or by any entity engaged in pari-mutuel wagering authorized by law,
3. Any property adjacent to a structure, building, or office space in which concealed weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section, and
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is not illegal to carry in a state park.

TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed handgun into any of the following places:
1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any meeting of any city, town, county, state or federal officials, school board members, legislative members, or any other elected or appointed officials;
3. Any prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold, or house arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent;
4. Any elementary or secondary school;
5. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;
6. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and
7. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.

B. For purposes of paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6 of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically excludes the following property:
1. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority,
2. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by any entity offering any professional sporting event which is open to the public for admission, or by any entity engaged in pari-mutuel wagering authorized by law,
3. Any property adjacent to a structure, building, or office space in which concealed weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section, and
4 Any property designated by a city, town, county, or state, governmental authority as a park, recreational area, or fairgrounds; provided nothing in this paragraph shall be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed handgun into any structure, building, or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of subsection A of this section.

This.

My instructor told us that the State Parks where the only place where we could violate the "No Firearms" signs with the states blessing. Curious how open carry is going to affect that, not that it changes the law, the state has still authorized you to carry there, but how many regular people might freak out because you are carrying and they saw the sign so they feel like they have flip out...

Also, what is the law regarding national parks? Seems like a buddy told me that you could carry on them in his area (Whashington State). I don't know, cause I haven't had the need to find out, just curious....

cheech_029

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn Rabbit Rangers!!! All they do is cruise around drinking gallons of sweet tea and take "grizzly-sized sh!ts" under a bridge in the middle of the county!! HAHAHA, Jared I hope you had an FTO teach you the true "skills" of the Possum Police!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They weren't in a state park (atleast when I checked them on the water). No Brady was not with me, and the violations we found were: Fishing without a license, fishing without a license on person, Failure to attach name & address to juglines.

Do the jugs have to list the exact address, or can it be the name and city where the fisherman lives?
This day and age of identy theft has me running scared.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This.
Also, what is the law regarding national parks? Seems like a buddy told me that you could carry on them in his area (Whashington State). I don't know, cause I haven't had the need to find out, just curious....
Under President Bushes term they pushed for and got approved to carry in National Parks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom