Garage fridge not working well when it’s cold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I think the temp in my garage is keeping my garage fridge/freezer from working well. Went out to grab some chicken out of there, and while it’s frozen, it isn’t frozen hard. More like frozen soft. My garage isn’t very warm, poor insulation, old house. It’s pretty cold honestly. Could this cause my fridge to not work as well? How can I fix this issue?

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a refrigerator/freezer and an upright freezer in my garage and regardless of the temp, they are doing their thing. Might ought to keep a close eye on it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting. I bought an upright freezer and it states specifically in the paper work that it would in the high temps associated with garages in the summer. Didn't mention anything about winter temps being an issue. 🤔🤔🤔

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine does this too.
As well as my parents 2 freezers

I think it has something to do with the compressor freezing or frosting up when it is this cold out

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably an inside home fridge and not a garage fridge/freezer.

There is a difference.
I did not know this either - Hahns Appliance never asked me that. I know for sure my refrigerator/freezer is not a "garage" unit. Well, I say that; how would I know?

Latest posts

Top Bottom