gardian angel.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep that is a good point and I always hate when you think of something like that way after the fact. So many emotions at the same time it hard to think of every right thing to do. and you are right it would be hard to hear that something happened from the same person.....

It was the QT downtown to answer your question.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow that hits really close to home. I work downtown and go to that Quicktrip all the time. And I have experienced the crazy drunks and beggers as well. Thanks for sharing the story. I may have to start carrying on my commute to work now. The only problem is that I am always on my motorcycle and I can't bring a CCW into the office so I don't know what I'm going to do with it during work hours. I may have to figure something out. Thanks for the story!

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun buster sign or not at work, I'm carrying my CCW. Especially if it's a super concealable J-frame. I can find another job. I can't undo being shot and killed or maimed for life.

OP, if nothing else, get a IWB or pocket holster you can carry ON YOUR BODY AT ALL TIMES when you are not at work. You've discovered first hand how important it is to have your gun on your person and not in your vehicle. Heed that experience.

I'm glad you listened to your spidey senses and put your piece in your pocket. Good call and you handled the situation very well. You told him to stop, f-ing beat it, etc., before drawing your weapon. I most definitely would have called the cops afterward so they could at least put out a BOLO for this scumbag crackhead. The next vic he attempts to assail may not be carrying.

Good job and glad to hear everything turned out well.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks 357 and i do have a pocket holster and like I said 98% its in my pocket but like someone else said I was used to being there at that time but not anymore. now its there 100% work or not. they dont have armed gaurds here to protect us at work so i figure if i dont make a big deal out of it and it is conceld no one should be any wiser. now if mgt every says anything it will be different but til then all day every day

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad everything worked out as well as it did.

Probably the single most important part of your story and experience is the fact that you DID NOT pull the trigger. You were ready to, but you still had the presence of mind to think it through.

There are alot of people who will tell you "man, I would have just pulled the trigger" or "I can't believe that you waited".

They have never had to make the decision you made. I always say that until you have been in that position and had to make that decision, you have no idea of what you would do.

I can honestly tell you that I have walked in your shoes, and I made the same decision. I DID NOT pull the trigger.

To this day, I am glad that I did not. It would have been a horrible mistake in my case.

Had he moved towards you, the equation would have changed. The decision engine would have changed.

Thankfully, you are OK. And, who knows, maybe this guy had to go check his shorts after the encounter also.

Also, it isn't too late to call the cops and report it. But I might do it AFTER checking with an attorney. Yes, you have a witness, and maybe tape, but who knows. The guy did threaten you. Maybe between having a gun pointed at him and then the cops telling him how lucky he is to be above ambient temperature could affect whether he does it again to someone else.

Glad you are OK.

The shakes were normal. You might even get them again.

I'm guessing that you will always see that red dot between his eyes in your mind's eye.

Dave

Mr.Bungle

Marksman
Reaction score
Man, I am glad you are okay. very thankful that you shared your story because it is true that people may get a little complacent with the same ol' same ol' every day ritual....reading this , I hope reminds everyone to always be alert and prepared..because I know myself sometimes have that ccw a few steps away sitting in the "pretty lil' jeep" >.<

Latest posts

Top Bottom