Gas Buster Charging Handle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is outstanding! Thank you very much for the link... I wish I would've looked into this a little sooner, I could've used this modification in the morning. lol...

Thanks for the help, I was hoping that you'd chime in.

You've still got time, grab some from wally world and it'd be set up in a couple of hours.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My new "gasbuster" is curing up right now! I'll go try this fix out tomorrow evening after work. It will be really nice to not have the blow back when using the suppressor.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like your sig line!

I never use my gas buster ch anymore. Only worth it if you are using a can. I never could bring myself to try the ghetto method.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like your sig line!

I never use my gas buster ch anymore. Only worth it if you are using a can. I never could bring myself to try the ghetto method.

I obviously stole that sig line from you. Lol... I'm living that sentiment these days.

I figure this isn't a beauty contest and if this fix works then I don't really give a crap what it looks like...

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the silicone idea! I'll have to try that.

And I'm sure it can look professionally done if you shape the silicone nicely and neatly.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't look too bad... I ended up using the red gasket compund because it was the only one the said high temperature. Just looks like a thin red strip on the CH. I will post a pic tonight after a trip to the range.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As promised I took a couple of crappy cell phone pics of my new gasbuster. I had hoped that this mod would work well but I'm shocked at how much easier is it to shoot the rifle without all of the blowback in my face. This small change will absolutely save me some time in the next rifle match! Keep in mind that I did not clean the gasket material up at all. I just put it on, smoothed it out with the end of a zip tie, and shot it. These pics are after 100 rounds this evening.

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_WedFeb10215244CST2010.jpg

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_WedFeb10215225CST2010.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom