Gas prices on the climb.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seemed a bit high when I flew into TUL yesterday and filled my truck up at $3.49/gallon at North Tulsa QT.

Was in Hawaii the past week and since my folks let me drive their Ram2500 while there I decided it was nice to top off their truck on the last day. At $5.29/gal it was a bit shocking to put in about 16 gallons and have a total of about $85. Damn!

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like high gas prices either but years ago realized to a extent price doesn't matter. You pretty much got to have it, though you may curtail how much you use, plan trips the most economical way. But in the end you still have to pay the price unless you are self sufficient and never have to leave home. To many things use it these days. I don't even notice the price per gallon until people start talking about it.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
like from the first few days that joe took office he has been selling the strategic oil reserve that you know whoo filled up to the brink. i think the number is somewhere around 29 billion barrels of oil. that drove down the price of oil and also brought down the cpi so that the inflation numbers wouldn't look so bad. well guess what? the reserves are about empty so the effect will be higher energy prices....

Thing is those reserves are supposed to be held onto in the event of a war and interruption in our fuel supply to allow the military to keep fighting and moving troops and supplies.

It was not intended to be a stop gap for inflation.

Just another area where a senile dementia ridden puppet has been exploited and used to take the security of this country down a few more notches.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like high gas prices either but years ago realized to a extent price doesn't matter. You pretty much got to have it, though you may curtail how much you use, plan trips the most economical way. But in the end you still have to pay the price unless you are self sufficient and never have to leave home. To many things use it these days. I don't even notice the price per gallon until people start talking about it.

True, but each person or family has a breaking point, where choices will have to be made between fuel or food or utility bills or rent/mortgage.

With the high double digit inflation we are seeing things are going to hit hard or harder for a lot of folks

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
like from the first few days that joe took office he has been selling the strategic oil reserve that you know whoo filled up to the brink. i think the number is somewhere around 29 billion barrels of oil. that drove down the price of oil and also brought down the cpi so that the inflation numbers wouldn't look so bad. well guess what? the reserves are about empty so the effect will be higher energy prices....
Sold to China.

Latest posts

Top Bottom