Gas prices on the climb.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Headed to Cali on Thursday. My lady had to drive to So Cal from the Bay Area a couple of weeks ago. Luckily she drives a Toyota Corolla. This was mid way.
gasjuly.jpg

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
like from the first few days that joe took office he has been selling the strategic oil reserve that you know whoo filled up to the brink. i think the number is somewhere around 29 billion barrels of oil. that drove down the price of oil and also brought down the cpi so that the inflation numbers wouldn't look so bad. well guess what? the reserves are about empty so the effect will be higher energy prices....
Well when Biden used some of the Strategic Oil Reserves to lower gas/fuel prices (supply vs demand economics) I sure as hell didn't hear anyone bit****g about the resulting gas/fuel prices, dropping at the time.
Now that the prices are going back up again, maybe y'all need to get your heads out and put the blame where it actually belongs - for a change . . . OPEC and domestic suppliers withholding supply in order to raise crude prices, just like they do EVERY summer, and again just before the Christmas holidays.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like high gas prices either but years ago realized to a extent price doesn't matter. You pretty much got to have it, though you may curtail how much you use, plan trips the most economical way. But in the end you still have to pay the price unless you are self sufficient and never have to leave home. To many things use it these days. I don't even notice the price per gallon until people start talking about it.
And what makes you think that if all or even most of our crude was produced and refined domestically the prices would forever stay as low or lower than what you now pay for gas/fuel?
Why do you think our oil companies import rather than produce domestically? It's because, even with oversea shipping costs factored in, it costs less to import crude than to pump our own fields in the amounts necessary to satisfy our needs.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And what makes you think that if all or even most of our crude was produced and refined domestically the prices would forever stay as low or lower than what you now pay for gas/fuel?
Why do you think our oil companies import rather than produce domestically? It's because, even with oversea shipping costs factored in, it costs less to import crude than to pump our own fields in the amounts necessary to satisfy our needs.
Don't misconstrue what I wrote, reread post. There was not one thing about producing domestically. I wrote everyone needs gas today for one reason or another unless you as a individual are totally self sufficient and never leave home. And even then it's almost impossible not to require it for one application or another.
But being you brought it up, I don't care if prices went up for crude or at the pump if it all was produced domestically. Oil and Gas creates good jobs and puts money back into the economy. Buying it overseas enriches foreign countries and does nothing for us as a whole.
What I don't get is the regulations on domestic oil and gas companies are far more strict than other nations at protecting the environment. But the environmentalist try shutting it down at every turn. So they are saying they don't want to produce it here with minimal pollution but are ok buying foreign oil and gas with less protection. That right there is the Hypocrisy that completely slams the door shut on anything they say. Were all on the same planet, pollution I guarantee is more in those other countries vs US.

I've replied to your post, not gonna go back and forth. Have a good day Sir!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. America has been sold to China as well and actually long before bumbling Biden took office. We borrow money from them to give to places like Ukraine while the American sheeple graze peacefully and allow it to happen right under our noses. There are currently more Chinese operatives in this nation than we realize. All it takes is one word and our already crumbling infrastructure will be destroyed. I’m sure I’m just an old fart that believes somewhat in conspiracy theories so it’s really all good. Higher gas prices are part of the plan to drive us, pun intended, away from fossil fuel.
" Yep. America has been sold to China. "

Just finished reading a book "Ghost Fleet" by P.W. Singer. In the book China had been supplying us for decades with the 'chips' that we use for everything from controlling our domestic water supply to our latest generation of fighter aircraft, and over time, we become complacent in our Quality Control (QC) about making sure those 'chips' couldn't cause problems.

The time comes when China decides to destroy the great evil capitalistic country of the United States by sending out a code that causes those 'chips' to [at best] stop working, or [at worse] to cause damage to related components in whatever application they were being used. China goes on to using satellite killers to take out our now defenseless GPU, navigation, and communication satellites and then activate their own surveillance ones. Our high-tech Air Force and Navy have become all but useless.

The book goes on to tell about the efforts we made to regain control of our infrastructure, to evict Chinese forces from Hawaii (their new military stronghold), and regain control over the seas and our sky.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Just finished reading a book "Ghost Fleet" by P.W. Singer. In the book China had been supplying us for decades with the 'chips' that we use for everything from controlling our domestic water supply to our latest generation of fighter aircraft, and over time, we become complacent in our Quality Control (QC) about making sure those 'chips' couldn't cause problems.

The time comes when China decides to destroy the great evil capitalistic country of the United States by sending out a code that causes those 'chips' to [at best] stop working, or [at worse] to cause damage to related components in whatever application they were being used. China goes on to using satellite killers to take out our now defenseless GPU, navigation, and communication satellites and then activate their own surveillance ones. Our high-tech Air Force and Navy have become all but useless.

The book goes on to tell about the efforts we made to regain control of our infrastructure, to evict Chinese forces from Hawaii (their new military stronghold), and regain control over the seas and our sky.
Let me put my Shock face on!!! 😯

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't misconstrue what I wrote, reread post. There was not one thing about producing domestically. I wrote everyone needs gas today for one reason or another unless you as a individual are totally self sufficient and never leave home. And even then it's almost impossible not to require it for one application or another.
But being you brought it up, I don't care if prices went up for crude or at the pump if it all was produced domestically. Oil and Gas creates good jobs and puts money back into the economy. Buying it overseas enriches foreign countries and does nothing for us as a whole.
What I don't get is the regulations on domestic oil and gas companies are far more strict than other nations at protecting the environment. But the environmentalist try shutting it down at every turn. So they are saying they don't want to produce it here with minimal pollution but are ok buying foreign oil and gas with less protection. That right there is the Hypocrisy that completely slams the door shut on anything they say. Were all on the same planet, pollution I guarantee is more in those other countries vs US.

I've replied to your post, not gonna go back and forth. Have a good day Sir!
I don't personally get into the 'environment protection' or 'pollution' side of the arguments. Modern society/industrialization is going to pollute - fact of life!
You can talk-up about paying higher prices at-the-pump as long as it's AMERICAN crude being used, but the fact is most Americans are NOT willing to pay those higher prices.
Look at Walmart. A few years back they had a big push for "Buy American" (American made products) but the actual result was that most shoppers would NOT pay the higher prices that American-made products demanded. That is why Walmart is still all about cheap foreign made junk (that Americans buy to the tune of $Billions every year).

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Sounds like an interesting work of fiction, but the ChiComs don't actually produce the high-tech "chips." Those come from Taiwan, Korea, and the US. That's why the prohibition against selling US-sourced or designed semiconductors to Huawei hurt them so badly.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't personally get into the 'environment protection' or 'pollution' side of the arguments. Modern society/industrialization is going to pollute - fact of life!
You can talk-up about paying higher prices at-the-pump as long as it's AMERICAN crude being used, but the fact is most Americans are NOT willing to pay those higher prices.
Look at Walmart. A few years back they had a big push for "Buy American" (American made products) but the actual result was that most shoppers would NOT pay the higher prices that American-made products demanded. That is why Walmart is still all about cheap foreign made junk (that Americans buy to the tune of $Billions every year).
Was it that above in bold or possibly Walmart's margins weren't high enough and knew each of the Walton clan would make billions more if Made In _____(fill in the blank but not USA)? I do agree though, generally speaking, a higher price item does not meet the target audience of Walmart.

Latest posts

Top Bottom