gas tube on ar ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can always cut the post off the front sight base and leave the gas tube part intact. I've done it and to me it's a better soution than a clamp on gas block.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can always cut the post off the front sight base and leave the gas tube part intact. I've done it and to me it's a better soution than a clamp on gas block.

Just out of curiosity (since I've never done this), do you remove the FSB to do this? I presume you just use a cutoff wheel or something and clean up the cut with a dremel, but I've always wondered if you have to remove it first.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity (since I've never done this), do you remove the FSB to do this? I presume you just use a cutoff wheel or something and clean up the cut with a dremel, but I've always wondered if you have to remove it first.

i plan on doin this this week, to install a longer free float on mine, i read tto just take the sight off and use a cut off and dremel to dress it up and repaint

helmethead

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
cutting the FSB is new idea to me. sounds interesting but seems like I'd rather just buy a new upper. If I'm going flat-top I'd want a better barrel.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cutting the FSB is new idea to me. sounds interesting but seems like I'd rather just buy a new upper. If I'm going flat-top I'd want a better barrel.

FWIW, most of the barrels on AR's will outshoot the operator unless shooting from a bench with a magnified optic, or you're a top notch rifle competitor. To me, spending money on a "match" grade AR barrel and then sticking a 4 MOA red dot optic on it is a waste, and I see it all the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom