Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd like to hear other reasons against gay marriage that don't stem from religion? Most everything I've ever read on FB or other forums that is against it is rooted in ancient myth.

Maybe you should try to improve you skill sets and try doing some research beyond Facebook and other forums?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to hear other reasons against gay marriage that don't stem from religion? Most everything I've ever read on FB or other forums that is against it is rooted in ancient myth.

there was a post about it several pages back, but the argument was crap (it involved how gay marriage should be prohibited because of the lack of procreation, you'll love it). But it was still a secular argument against it, albeit a ridiculous and insulting one.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Maybe you should try to improve you skill sets and try doing some research beyond Facebook and other forums?

I've done that by submitting my query here. Or, if you've included this forum within your usage of "other forums," then should I conclude your advice is useless due to it being within a forum? #Irony

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
there was a post about it several pages back, but the argument was crap (it involved how gay marriage should be prohibited because of the lack of procreation, you'll love it). But it was still a secular argument against it, albeit a ridiculous and insulting one.

Sounds that way... After all, marriage is only about reproduction.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

YES. The point is not the rationale or that anyone agrees with it but that there are secular rationales (good, bad and indifferent) against same sex marriage. Many atheists and those “not of the book” are against same sex marriages for the same reasons that other people are … they don’t want government in the marriage business. They think gay sex is as S4F said, "icky". They want something different ... etc.

There are secular reasons “why” people are against same sex marriages despite what the religious bigots say who can’t connect the dots.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
YES. The point is not the rationale or that anyone agrees with it but that there are secular rationales (good, bad and indifferent) against same sex marriage. Many atheists and those “not of the book” are against same sex marriages for the same reasons that other people are … they don’t want government in the marriage business. They think gay sex is as S4F said, "icky". They want something different ... etc.

There are secular reasons “why” people are against same sex marriages despite what the religious bigots say who can’t connect the dots.

And none of that supports the idea that they should be able to restrict it for others.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how this will impact anyone currently claiming to be domestic partners. Will employers stop paying benefits to unmarried same sex partners or will it open up new claims that heterosexual couples domestic but unmarried partners should now be covered?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder how this will impact anyone currently claiming to be domestic partners. Will employers stop paying benefits to unmarried same sex partners or will it open up new claims that heterosexual couples domestic but unmarried partners should now be covered?

Many if not most companies have had allowed benefits for domestic partners (no matter sexual orientation) since 2004. I don't see that changing.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Maybe being an insulting prick just comes natural to you. Please don't drive off good members, that was supposed to be the lesson you shoulda learned from your 3 day absence.

Now be nice or I'm gonna raise hell with the mods for not doing their jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom