Gen 4 G19 Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Traded one of my beloved G36's off for a Gen 4 G19 awhile back; replaced that wascally RSA with a new one from Glock and ya know what? Bang, bang, bang, etc for the next 500 rounds now and not a single glitch. Zero. None. Zip. I far and away prefer the Gen 4 with no backstrap (SF set up) to my Gen 3, and the bigger mag release on the Gen 4 is an added bonus. I think Glock has the whole Gen 4 issue figured out; if the problem was really ever a problem. Whatever, I am now a Gen4 fan and may just have to go buy a Gen 4 G26 to balance out the pistol rack so the safe doesn't tip over.

Last edited:

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good to hear. I bought my Gen 4 Glock 19 a couple of years ago (I think) and I've run probably 700 rounds of the cheap winchester stuff through it and never once had a problem with it. I do believe that there were a lot of people having problems with them at first. Why else would Glock ship out an updated spring?

Anyway, I agree with you. I like the texture and oversized mag release. I also run it without a backstrap.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked one up over the holidays and got to shoot it on MLK day. I ran close to 500 rds through it including Russian steel, and several brass cased manufacturers without a problem. I too like the SF and texturing and follow-up shots seem to be a bit faster. As to the mag release I love it and I can see where it would be a bonus for left handers. Over all I am really impressed with the pistol. I did replace the connector for a factory 3.5# one and a .25 cent polish job that made it even smoother. I can say that I would recommend the Gen 4 to people.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so it's good to hear I am not the only one who likes the Gen 4's...maybe Glock just changed the numbers on the dang springs and sent 'em out as good PR? Whatever; mine seems good to go and I am for real wanting a Gen4 G26 now.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What makes it so much better

For me, the texture on the grip, the SF with no backstap, and the larger mag release. Mostly it's the shorter frame as far as I am concerned. With the small backstrap. it's supposedly the same as a Gen 3 and a little fatter with the bigger Backstrap mounted.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have over 5,000 rounds through my 19Gen4 as of yesterday and I still love it. I'm going to be adding a 34Gen4 to the collection soon too.

Wow, 5,000 rounds? That thing oughta be worn out by now! I'd be willing to buy it as a "parts gun" if you wanna make a hundred or so...:rubhands:

Latest posts

Top Bottom