Generac

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 6500 W portable generator that runs on gas or propane, but I've never had to use it. The few times I have lost power it was only long enough to make the clocks blink.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 6500 W portable generator that runs on gas or propane, but I've never had to use it. The few times I have lost power it was only long enough to make the clocks blink.
This dual fuel combo would be my choice. :thumb:

We've been very fortunate. I think about 12 hours is the longest stretch we've been without electricity in the 45 years since we built this house, and it only flickered once or twice during last winter's subzero temps.
:drunk2:
___

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
This dual fuel combo would be my choice. :thumb:

We've been very fortunate. I think about 12 hours is the longest stretch we've been without electricity in the 45 years since we built this house, and it only flickered once or twice during last winter's subzero temps.
:drunk2:
___
Since we bought ours in 2017, it has only extensively been run once in 2020 during the ice storm. It was a straight 25? days. Everyone around us was without and went to hotels and motels. I was an island in our neighborhood. We had total house power.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since we bought ours in 2017, it has only extensively been run once in 2020 during the ice storm. It was a straight 25? days. Everyone around us was without and went to hotels and motels. I was an island in our neighborhood. We had total house power.
It sure makes it nice doesn’t.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
We don't have a home generator but did have one on our RV. We used this RV for 18 years and never used the generator once. It's nice to know you have it, but you must do regular maintenance, run it with a load, for 30 minutes once a month, to keep it in good condition just in case you do need it. I would like to have one for home use, but I'm not sure it is worth the trouble, and expense? We have lived in this house for 43 years, and are on Indian Electric Coop. They do an great job of maintaining their equipment, keeping trees trimmed back, etc. and haven't had an outage of over a few minutes in 20+ years. During the huge ice storm, when ever that was, we were the only family member that had power, and had a lot of company!

Latest posts

Top Bottom