Generator problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got ahold of a company in Kingfisher called BLT Tanks. They only sale propane tanks. Usually in large bulk orders but they do sell individual ones. I can get a completely refurbished tank with all new valves, regulator and paint for $1232. That’s with tax. I have to pick it up from their yard. They don’t accept credit cards, only cash or check. And that sucks because I wanted to put it on my credit card. I don’t have that money to spend. I cannot believe they don’t accept CC’s. Square is cheap. I still haven’t heard back from Steve’s Propane or Stewards Propane. I would rather go with Steve’s as I know them for doing business there so long and I really like them. Plus their prices are the best around that I know of. I may just call them tomorrow.
I tend to be very wary of doing business with any company that only accepts cash/MO/cashier checks/gift cards and look closely at businesses that only accept personal checks/business checks.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got ahold of a company in Kingfisher called BLT Tanks. They only sale propane tanks. Usually in large bulk orders but they do sell individual ones. I can get a completely refurbished tank with all new valves, regulator and paint for $1232. That’s with tax. I have to pick it up from their yard. They don’t accept credit cards, only cash or check. And that sucks because I wanted to put it on my credit card. I don’t have that money to spend. I cannot believe they don’t accept CC’s. Square is cheap. I still haven’t heard back from Steve’s Propane or Stewards Propane. I would rather go with Steve’s as I know them for doing business there so long and I really like them. Plus their prices are the best around that I know of. I may just call them tomorrow.

If no rush. I see 250 gallon tanks around. $400 to $600.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to be very wary of doing business with any company that only accepts cash/MO/cashier checks/gift cards and look closely at businesses that only accept personal checks/business checks.
What’s wrong with just accepting cash? You avoid all kinds of headaches by having that kind of policy. No bounced checks, no bank fees or credit card processing fees.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might check with Cactus Tanks in Chandler. Their sister company Accord Transportation was a customer of mine for many years before I retired. They are good people. Have no Clue on pricing. They were always straight up with me as a customer. Family owned company.

http://www.cactustanks.com/products&action=items&lcategory_id=1

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s wrong with just accepting cash? You avoid all kinds of headaches by having that kind of policy. No bounced checks, no bank fees or credit card processing fees.
. . . and no 'paper trail' when, not if, I have to prove to the government that my business is legit and above board, prove to the government that my tax forms are filled out correctly, prove to the government . . .

Accepting cash is not the problem, it's having to justify why I accepted cash instead of a more traceable payment form :censored:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might check with Cactus Tanks in Chandler. Their sister company Accord Transportation was a customer of mine for many years before I retired. They are good people. Have no Clue on pricing. They were always straight up with me as a customer. Family owned company.

http://www.cactustanks.com/products&action=items&lcategory_id=1
I looked and they don’t have any 250’s. The had a 119 gallon tank but I don’t know if I should go that low.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. . . and no 'paper trail' when, not if, I have to prove to the government that my business is legit and above board, prove to the government that my tax forms are filled out correctly, prove to the government . . .

Accepting cash is not the problem, it's having to justify why I accepted cash instead of a more traceable payment form :censored:

You don’t have to justify your reasons to the IRS for accepting cash only. There is no governmental mandate that you have to accept traceable forms of payment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom