Get back into shape..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I've become a little more pear shaped in the last 8 months, most specifically in the 4 months. I've been going through a rough time in my life, and as a stupid decision, I decided that I didn't really give a crap about my health or weight, or really anything...to be honest.

I've put on at least 25+ lbs in the few months, and have finally decided to quit being a lazy butt and do something about it.

I've re-dedicated myself to several things recently, one of which being my health.

I know I've seen threads about people tracking their weight loss and progress and though I would check to see if anyone else would want to join me in this epic battle of penismightier (and others) vs food!

I sometimes need a little extra motivation to make sure I go as many times as I need, and am fairly confident there are others in the same boat.

So anyone who wants to take a fresh start on getting back into shape, post up@!

Let's keep track of our progress, and make sure that we do everything to meet our goals!!

Current:
cardio = tehsuck!
197lbs (mostly fat!)

GOALS:
cardio = running 5 miles 3x week
180 (mostly muscle)

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best weight ever was around 185-190lbs which was alot of muscle as I did mostly lifting. School ends tomorrow for me and then I gotta get this weight off, never been this uncomfortable in my life. Currently at an all time high... Going to cancun on 7/25 and would like to be reasonable by then.

I am going to take a picture a day for the entirety of my weight loss, create one of those cool/funky videos of the day-day weight loss. I don't handle disappointment well and this will make it hard for me to give up as I can always review the weight loss progressively and not get lost in the day to day weight variation (water weight and all) and see the thinning in the waste and all.

Current: (today)
Cardio = tehsuck x 2
215 lbs
5' 6"
Waste 38"

Goal 1: 2.5 months (7/25/2011)
190 lbs
Cardio = Jog 10k, just want to finish no time goal per say
5' 6" obviously hieght won't change
Waste = 34/36 Last time I was here I could fit variable depending on cut

Goal 2: 6 months:
170 Lbs
Cardio = 1/2 marathon, again stamina not time
Back to benching ~215, decent muscular presence again.
5' 6" (again, can't change how short I am for life... doh)

Plan of action:
2.2 mile jog 5 x a week in the morning. Just so happens that the loop from my house around the block and back is exactly 1.1 miles. two loops every morning.
p90x strength/conditioning in the evenings 5 x week, toss in weight room when I won't embarrass myself.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in, just turned 49 @ 225 solid fat, gonna start p90x maybe monday, gotta migrate my weights from work to home and buy a lift bar and mat and some good protein, goal is to lose 30 lbs by November 11 (bow season), had a little trouble getting my bow drawn last year.Was 238 3 years ago and got down to 187, gained it back cause i really like to eat,

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aint nothing to it but to do it. Once you start you will eventually get into the habit of things. Its kind of easy to say for me since ive been in Korea without my family for the past year so i have had all of the time in the world to work out. The real test will be when i get back next month. Hopefully i will keep it up. I am in the best shape of my life right now. 185lbs solid. Before i left i was 205 flabby. All it takes is dedication.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in, just turned 49 @ 225 solid fat, gonna start p90x maybe monday, gotta migrate my weights from work to home and buy a lift bar and mat and some good protein, goal is to lose 30 lbs by November 11 (bow season), had a little trouble getting my bow drawn last year.Was 238 3 years ago and got down to 187, gained it back cause i really like to eat,

That's my biggest problem, I freaking LOVE food!!! I'm honestly surprised that I'm not over 300lbs with as much as I love food.

I've been trying to find some good, natural appetite suppressants, to help with the weight loss. I've heard that green tea is a good place to start. Does anyone else have any ideas??

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, Went running the last two nights, here are results:

Monday: Ran 6/10ths mile, somewhat challenging
Tuesday: Ran 1 mile, with relative ease.

Weight, still the same.

K9346

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying to find some good, natural appetite suppressants, to help with the weight loss. I've heard that green tea is a good place to start. Does anyone else have any ideas??

I am a fairly serious weightlifter, have been for about 7 years now. I read an article recently that said weightlifting actually burns more calories than cardio in even time frames i.e. if you were to do 30 mins. of cardio vs. 30 mins. of hard lifting, you actually burn more lifting. The article went on to recommend that you do your cardio first, then hit the weights. Most people do the opposite with worse results.

As for an appetite suppresant, I have been know to use in the past what is called an ECA stack. Ephedra and caffeine. It's basically the same ingredients found in a lot of weight loss supplements, only you can do it a lot cheaper.

Get a pack of Bronkaid at Walmart or Walgreens, and take one every 4 hours as recommended, and a pack of NoDoze and take one about every 6-8 hours. You will see a serious suppression in appetite, as well as a thermogeneic response that helps burn calories.

Also get a decent whey protein mix and use as a meal supplement at least once a day, or as a snack supplement. Good luck.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cycle some t250 with some fina at 1-2mg per week, guarantied to jump-start your workouts LOL!

seriously though, I finished my first natural cleansing/detox cycle from Atkins health foods and now eating the normal burger/fries/**** meal....... makes me feel like **** NOW!......good motivation to eat right

at 6'4" 330+ I haven't hit the gym in over 5 years so my current goal is to drop below 300lbs via dieting and walking; then upon completion of that goal: start back with core/stability training mainly to get my back/abs "right" again before I start throwing all the 45's in the gym onto my deadlifts

good luck with your goals, I'll keep you posted on my progress

PS - for great appetite suppression, always drink more water than you can, make it a good habit

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom