Get your mouse traps out. Its winter and they like your shooting equipmnt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of this year's crop of kittens has already started earning his keep--I came home the other night to find him in the driveway, chewing on a mouse.

My parents' female cat was earning her keep the other day, too, but the mouse was making a horrendous racket--she was eating the mouse butt first...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put 20 of the wax block mouse/rat baits on a piece of baling wire and tied it off to a place in the barn two weeks ago. It was all gone today.

I could support a homeless family in what I spend to keep the rats/mice in check.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, if a cat eats a poisoned mouse, will it get poisoned, too? I've been looking for an answer to this question, but haven't had much luck in finding an authoritative answer--and I really don't want to find out the hard way...

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Living right on the outskirts of town with the woods nearby sends all of em our way when winter is coming. What I dont kill with my peanutbutter&bread balls on those cheapie old skool traps from Atwoods the cat and my Boston get. The Bostons been coming up with moles and black birds like usual, the black birds make him sick for a few days. I heard a mouse digging around a couple nights ago out in my shop so I set out 2 traps and wasnt 30 minutes or so before I got him. Kids snake got a little snack.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Living right on the outskirts of town with the woods nearby sends all of em our way when winter is coming. What I dont kill with my peanutbutter&bread balls on those cheapie old skool traps from Atwoods the cat and my Boston get. The Bostons been coming up with moles and black birds like usual, the black birds make him sick for a few days. I heard a mouse digging around a couple nights ago out in my shop so I set out 2 traps and wasnt 30 minutes or so before I got him. Kids snake got a little snack.

I don't keep snakes, but we have enough around our house, that I catch a couple of black snakes a year and put them in the barn. It 45 miles away, but the mouse population sure goes down for awhile.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife was screaming about a bug on her TV back in her bedroom the other night and when I got in there there was the biggest most awesome looking Praying Mantis I had ever seen, huge and dark brown instead of the smaller green ones we usually see around the outer rocks of the house. We put him in one of our tanks in the critter room and watched him fck up a bunch of crickets then we let him loose outside. The coolest part of country living is my kids and me being able to watch nature.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sucks they got to your stuff, I would be on a mouse hunting mission from hell.

We had a terrible mouse problem before getting kitties and going through the entire house and repairing every single place the mice were getting in during a remodel. Just fixing the holes and getting indoor kitties made all the difference in the world. We never had inside mice when I lived in the country because we had an indoor cat. Currently we have three indoor cats who are adults and one young one, haven't had mouse issues since we got the first cat several years ago.

Sticky traps are the shiznit if you don't have other animals that will get into them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom