Getting On With My First Diet... At 20

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dropped 45 lbs in 90 days 2 years ago. I went from 195 to 150. Bottomed out and have built myself back up right with weights to 162lbs right now. I feel I'm in the best shape of my life right now. For me it's been pretty easy to keep it off. It was harder to lose it in the first place.

You have to look at as a life style change and not a "diet". I'm just back from the gym as I go about 4:30 every morning. Just finished my protein shake with consist of 2 scoops of whey protein, natural peanut butter, and a banana with 2 cups 1 percent milk mixed in a blender. For lunch I will toss a bunch of vegatables in a food processor and drink that. Usually almonds or yogurt or a protein bar for afternoon snack. And a sensible dinner of small portions. I eat nothing after 7:00pm ever. This has been my recipe for success.

Good Luck!

N

Neist

I can't speak for losing weight, but as a trained baker and pastry chef, I can tell you Vitamix blenders are absolutely amazing. Expensive, but amazing.

You can grind something to flour in one, granted you have the dry goods container.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've lost 60lbs since last June. Counting calories and running - a lot.

My hardest is the last 10 lbs. Just keep working at it!!

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been off and on myfitnesspal since mid November. Finally got serious in very early January.
I went sober on 11/15 and kinda messed around inconsistently with food and exercise. On 11/15 I weighed 263 lbs at 5' 11".
Since Jan I have been hitting the treadmill, bought and Use a weightbench 3-4 times per week and watch what I eat. I start church league basketball tonight. I am down to about 1750 calories per day and about 5-6 smaller energy fueling sessions per day. I am down 20 lbs on my way to a goal weight of 200.
I am wanting to do this slowly and healthy. I'm good with 1-1.5 lbs lost per week. I'm trying to slowly make healthier choices such as smaller portions, reduced carbs, park further out and walk at lunch.
Feel much better than I did three months ago.

Winman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
reading this thread now makes me want to jump on the diet game as I am 21 6'5.5 and probly about 350 but I was in a severe motorcycle wreck in january of 2011 where I was t-boned by an suv in an intersection and had broken my left leg and dislocated my right hip I now have titanium in my left leg and will need a hip replacement by the time im 30 so I need to get this weight down back before my accident i was about 290 so being in a wheelchair for 7.5 months last year messed me up even further even when I had doctors telling me not to put any weight on.... go figure lol

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
park further out and walk at lunch.

That's another thing we started doing as well a few years ago and it's some great tips to help get those extra steps in each day. On nice days, park as far as you can from the entrance to work, shopping, etc. No need to fight for the closest spot. Instead of the elevators or escalators, take the stairs! Push the doors open rather than using that blue handicap button.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Parking at the farthest spot from work is one of my favorites. It's like free exercise! I live twenty minutes on foot from campus, but I've usually always driven. It's also pretty much one straight hill from my house to campus, and then none of my classes are on the bottom floor of a building. I'm getting into gear to start walking to class everyday, easy few hundred calories per trip, and it saves me gas and parking money!

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
reading this thread now makes me want to jump on the diet game as I am 21 6'5.5 and probly about 350 but I was in a severe motorcycle wreck in january of 2011 where I was t-boned by an suv in an intersection and had broken my left leg and dislocated my right hip I now have titanium in my left leg and will need a hip replacement by the time im 30 so I need to get this weight down back before my accident i was about 290 so being in a wheelchair for 7.5 months last year messed me up even further even when I had doctors telling me not to put any weight on.... go figure lol

Winman, do it for the sake of your joints. I broke my jaw playing baseball in high school, and went from 195 to 167 in six weeks. I finally got back up to weight just in time for football season, and then I tore my ACL the first week of the season. That made me balloon up to 225. Got back into shape for the next baseball season, around 205, but now that organized sports are past me 205 seems like a dream. I played softball this summer but eventually had to stop because I was tearing both my knees up. Ease into the exercise to allow the muscles around your joints to build up, but in the long term it'll save you from extra surgeries.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's another thing we started doing as well a few years ago and it's some great tips to help get those extra steps in each day. On nice days, park as far as you can from the entrance to work, shopping, etc. No need to fight for the closest spot. Instead of the elevators or escalators, take the stairs! Push the doors open rather than using that blue handicap button.

It's the little changes that make the difference. You just have to evaulate and think about your day and actions. I call it living and doing deliberately. If I can burn an extra 100-200 calories a day with small steps that just a healthy bonus for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom