Gila National Forest, New Mexico: Wild cattle to be shot from helicopters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read that article on the internet and was surprised that they are killing the cattle. I had no idea we had "wild cows" at all. But to arbitrarily shoot them and let the meat rot is foolish when people are goign hungry in some areas of this country.
I immediately thought of the government wanting us to stop eating beef and methane released from cows both of which is normal. It is the government that is abnormal lead by liberal zealots who want change for change sake, nothing else in some cases. They have to come up with something and don't want to be left out of any meeting without an "idea." So today's big push or idea is eat less beef and methane gas is bad for the environment. Tomorrow it may be something else altogether.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This won't be popular but we should do the same with wild horses. The tax money spent on that program is incredible and incredibly wasteful. Surely there's a program(s) for humans out there that could use that money?
It’s a popular idea with me! It’s a ridiculous waste of money.
As far as the cattle go, yes I believe they could be gathered/caught out of there. Hell they make what I consider to be phony reality tv shows of “cowboys” catching cattle. Why not make a real damn show of these being caught? Then, after the cowboys are paid they can slaughter the damn things and feed folks that need it. Sounds like several pros to that. I’ve been horseback in a lot of that type of country and while some parts of the terrain can make the job difficult there’s parts of the terrain that will actually help you. Like big draws or canyons that will funnel. When I started reading the article I expected to see Corrientes. However that bull doesn’t look like a Corriente to me. If the rest of them cattle are English beef type like that bull then you don’t have to worry about them climbing crap you can’t. Also them beef cattle require better forage and more water. I’m just really surprised those type of cattle are in that country. All that being said and based on the one picture of I saw of that bull I believe the job to gather them is doable by a set of cowboys and dogs. A 150 head herd ain’t tough to move if you know how to play the game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom