Gila National Forest, New Mexico: Wild cattle to be shot from helicopters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an old cow once born and raised on our place, that was as crazy as a loon. Had her out on 80 acre pasture and if you stopped at the gate in front she would go through the fence in the back. Calves were as crazy as her. Dad finally got tired of it and hired three "cowboys" to catch her. She wasn't mean in the least just skittish. Guys finally chased her down and one of them roped her she turned his horse over and drug it till the cinch broke. Finally she couldn't run any more and decided to fight had both horses bloody before they finally got her choked down. Ran a couple of ropes through the front of trailer and drug her in with a pickup. When we got to stock yards she was graveyard dead. Never did figure what made her so wild.

For those that want to learn a little something.

Wild cattle?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn't make a pimple on a wild cows rear
Ok. Go ahead with your uneducated fear mongering. Sounds like some of these politicians describing how the AR15 operates. I’ll take my experience and leave the thread to you so you can keep attempting to sound like the expert.
Have a good one.

Sincerely,
The guy who deals with the cattle you can’t

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. Go ahead with your uneducated fear mongering. Sounds like some of these politicians describing how the AR15 operates. I’ll take my experience and leave the thread to you so you can keep attempting to sound like the expert.
Have a good one.

Sincerely,
The guy who deals with the cattle you can’t
Been raising cattle Mean and otherwise for 70 years. If the cattle in this video are what is considered wild these days. I'm sorry you've got to watch it. I don't even see any good ornery range cattle here.be easier to lead em home with a milk bucket.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been raising cattle Mean and otherwise for 70 years. If the cattle in this video are what is considered wild these days. I'm sorry you've got to watch it. I don't even see any good ornery range cattle here.be easier to lead em home with a milk bucket.
That’s cuz those fellas make it look easy. Little different caliber of hands than the three fellas that came to handle the situation you couldn’t and then y’all killed the cow. It’s gonna be ok. As long as there’s folks raising cattle for many years and not knowing how to handle the ones that won’t lick their hand then there’s money to be made. I’ve heard all need to about your experience to make me aware that I’m sure you’re a nice guy and a good cattle feeder/raiser but you ain’t a Cowcatcher.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I worked at small cattle processing place for a while. Hell, we’d kill anything that came in. Big mean bulls or whatever. If the knock gun(captive bolt) didn’t drop ‘em, the firearm would.

I don’t claim to be any sort of a cowboy.. but I guarantee ya, them things could be killed and butchered

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s cuz those fellas make it look easy. Little different caliber of hands than the three fellas that came to handle the situation you couldn’t and then y’all killed the cow. It’s gonna be ok. As long as there’s folks raising cattle for many years and not knowing how to handle the ones that won’t lick their hand then there’s money to be made. I’ve heard all need to about your experience to make me aware that I’m sure you’re a nice guy and a good cattle feeder/raiser but you ain’t a Cowcatcher.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked at small cattle processing place for a while. Hell, we’d kill anything that came in. Big mean bulls or whatever. If the knock gun(captive bolt) didn’t drop ‘em, the firearm would.

I don’t claim to be any sort of a cowboy.. but I guarantee ya, them things could be killed and butchered
Anything can be butchered no problem there getting them to the butcher is the problem.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just checked ,horseback riding and camping is legal in the gila . excellent chance for some good cowhunters to make a good years wages quick. Just go in and drag those dollars on the hoof out.. All you got to do is convince the park Rangers you can do it. How long you think it'll take to break those cattle to trail? Wilderness area so you can't drive a trailer in and some trails are closed But that shouldn't be any problem for a good cowpony. Strange that the guys that live and work there say that these are a danger to hikers,campers, riders and the like And it's their job to keep all those folks safe. But they've never seen a good cowperson in action obviously. Shoot, you could throw you up a brush fence across the end of some box canyon like they do on tv and run those dudes in there and have them like sheep in a week. Be in and out before them ignorant feds even wake up. Work a deal with one of the ranchers around there to use their loading pens and you'd be golden.

Latest posts

Top Bottom