Girl sneaks into russian military rocket factory with camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
google chrome has translate. Thank god cuz i cant read russian.

first part says:
Open Joint Stock Company "NPO Energomash Academician VP Glushko," is the leading company in the world
to develop a powerful liquid rocket engines for space launch vehicles,
one of the world's leading high-tech and high tech products.
The history of the company dates back to May 15, 1929 .
Over the years there were developed some 60 rocket engine, which was made ​​in the run and operated
and continue to operate in the space and military rockets.

a wealth of information on the history and activities predpryaitiya fairly easy to find on the Internet - on their own site http://www . npoenergomash.ru / and hundreds of other resources.
I did in my review would like to talk about how we went there to walk for five nights in a row.

then:
It is posted on the official site. One autumn day we went to the Khimki forest for the hawthorn, and came to the gay blue fence with this ad (not sfotkat was impossible) announcement, it looks sad and funny at the same time , idiotic and loaded with meaning ... But for us it meant a totally different: a company repairing the fence. After a couple of hundred meters, we have seen: it was true. Team of builders engaged in that pour in a measured poles and tie them corrugation blue. There, to which they are not there yet, gaped holes perimeter old, broken-down and demolished. 's been a while. Hardworking completed the repair of the perimeter with the most obvious part - the part of the forest and nearby businesses. But the big plant - a large fence, because the closure of the entire fence they needed lots of time. Taking advantage of this (by the way, the article of the Administrative Code for the penetration terminates if proven fact is not closed area, the lack of warning zones and other open doors), we have come to him for a walk. The area is very impressive NGOs in different aspects. First, on her at night there is no soul. That's all anybody. And traces of human snow almost none. But there is a dog. Judging by the tracks and their size, they have a lot of dogs, and they are large - but we've only become acquainted with a couple who hid in a shed light from the lantern. Well, what is there to hide in the first trip I was scared. The thrill of fulfillment of long cherished dream - to see this NGO - side by side with all sorts of security concerns, secrecy, and more. Feelings unforgettable. For the sake of such experiences is worth living. In general, it is not too much text? It's time to go to the photos. As we got on the territory? We walked around the plant and found the place where his fence represented the rickety wooden fence with broken sensors on the circuit (tested). Careful examination revealed a large number of sampling skewed, shifted sections, as well as the presence of holes. No plates on the prohibition of passage was not. We crossed some gullies with bushes, and went into the lighted street. Silence. Beauty. Snow falls ... On the way, caught refuge that turned rotten and Sunken Well, our goal in the first walk was the pipe. And we come to them. Began to wander over all possible structures and ladders, climbing higher and higher, finally found a ladder and climbed on the tube! C pipe is very steep on the types of Khimki, in Moscow, in the woods all around. Well, at the factory itself a yellow luminescent band - the new perimeter. It is equipped with cameras and sensors. View of the complex stands and on the second tube and into the tube the way, we climbed back on December 11, and December 9, there was held recently in this year's test (information from the news site http://www. npoenergomash.ru / about / n ews/news2_327.html ) When tests are conducted, the pipe looks like this (photo from wikimapia) Therefore, in the tube and into the pool around it was water ... We went and looked for germodveri parted from pipes and Communications here and there is steam, something puffs, flowing, gurgling. A little walk on the ladders we work up and went home. *** A couple of days back ... And immediately went to the pool. Imagine our surprise when the floor was dry. Well, we will gladly send it to hang around (he, incidentally, is huge - about the diameter of 65-70 meters and the height of the tube feet 80). Came to exhaust nozzles on base pipe like an umbrella or a foot Christmas tree in addition to the pool that we did not look a walk, because all the doors were closed, and the break we were not going to do (this is not right - to break the door.) *** Even a few days later we again arrived there. The difference of the situation was obvious: the nearest to us stand shining ladder! Well, we went to her and ... Emergency ladder - that is what the emergency is to always be open. But its high luminosity have very embarrassed, so seventh floor, we decided to get on the elevator the way, get to stand in the elevator is impossible - only to the extension cylinders in each room extension hang analyzers and cameras still here taken to be afraid of oxygen if the oxygen is too dohrena relies shower balloons Foot And there's space, we A total of probably seen dozens Well, of course, we went to the roof and made ​​the session of the industrial roofing As a result, broken with a ladder, we went down and went into the next to the elevator door open and for some of the open door was a huge hall the test bench! About this hall to tell apart. The fact is that it, firstly, the situation is such hard workers as if just came out, leaving his jacket And secondly, he has instead of windows - Loose iron sheets. And the wind beating on the walls of the building, they produce a variety of sounds similar to the steps, opening doors, hammering and work units. Brrr! =) But we still have it hang around. The gate through which the engine is brought to the test ladder, leading to the armored chamber Well, actually, stand. It consists of a static part of the stand (where the engine is fastened to it, and where fuel is supplied and a variety of sensors tyschschu ), the moving part (the tube on wheels, which merges with the rim of the static part) and pipe exhaust, red lid closed. Somebody's workplace ascend above all climbed into the frame over the course of testing should not only sensors, but the camera, which there are many. just this camera I photographed (sorry for the repeat pictures) In addition to the old Soviet, and there is the modern camera. This is one of them, fixed the blue tape around its lens are diodes IR illumination. When we went for a second time for a second and stand for long under such tusili chambers, diodes began to glow. I think our happy faces were subsequently examined by the security service of the plant. Forgive us, please! =) I continue. Views on the bench top addition to the sensors and cameras on test here is the fire protection provided by the sensors and the extinguishing systems - foam sockets and natural hydrants. cover all this stuff spotlight Polish production behind the static part of the stand is any farm supply of fuel and then there still must be the engine. This crane, which drags the engine out of the hall, where he was brought on stand overall appearance of the hall Well, as a keepsake photo *** Then we moved to walk the floors of an extension to the stand, but it was very sad and almost no interest once again tanks. The only thing that attracts attention - this here porch with germodveryami on floors and a lift *** So then we went again to visit the second stand. The Security Service works certainly want to know how we got inside. So - We went to the open door. Here in this one. wound up in the lobby with stained-glass windows and banners passed all this bytovuhu and went into another room with krutilki then climbed a little higher and found an open door into the hall stand. We went into it (there was a sensor, but no one came), and appeared on the ceiling of the hall, as under the big top this room about a third less in size. Stand looks exactly the same. The only difference is that here was a great cover shot, and we were able to look into the exhaust pipe , completing our last, the fifth night walks in the NPO "Energomash." Unfortunately, we did not come here to find these rooms And yet another temporary stands on no engines. Because it would look like this (with pictures ofsayta) I would like to thank all of you for your attention my readers! I would also like to thank stroncioum , with whom we were walking there. Well, of course, thanks to the security service for NGOs irresponsible approach to the protection of its plant, as well as the management of economic security for their inability to restrain the emotions of sadness about the property damage caused by the loss of a wonderful perimeter before is a capital construction. Thank you! Once again

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not really. Those ruskies are a smart and intelligent people and they do know their physics. They take pride in their achievements just like we do. If you want to read some fantastic books that bear this out start with Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising", then "The Hunt For Red October" and go on through the whole series, you'll be hooked anyway. They are novels but will illustrate what those of us older than yourself dealt with in the cold war in that they were a very capable and formidable opponent. Clancy redefined the standard of researching subject materiel and if you like techno-thriller, spy, military novels you won't find better reading material. The movies are good but don't do the books justice.

Now if you want to say we are morons for electing a .gov that would allow NASA to be put in "time out", I'm right there with you.

I agree 100%. Plus you guys have to remember the Russians think differently then we do. They just want it to work and do not worry so much about how it looks or if it comes will all the latest Gee-Wiz gadgets. Like the AR vs AK thing. The AR is more accurate, etc but the AK can take more of a beating and keep on working.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Plus you guys have to remember the Russians think differently then we do. They just want it to work and do not worry so much about how it looks or if it comes will all the latest Gee-Wiz gadgets. Like the AR vs AK thing. The AR is more accurate, etc but the AK can take more of a beating and keep on working.

I was just going to say - Soviet Engineering is very cool. Very much function over form (they do lack a lot of foresight in things like preventative maintenance, or rather their higher-ups cut those budgets which is like shooting yourself if the foot when faced with their climate and the problem of corrosion).

Think of the Kalashnikov - it ain't pretty, modern, or the fanciest thing out there, but it works very well.

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I read a book about the Russian space program. One thing that stuck with me was the line about we spent over $100,000 to develop a pen that would write in the weightlessness of space. The Russians used a pencil.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It must not be too big of a deal if she's taking portraits of herself inside the closed facility. Think we might see this place in COD MW4? Yeah.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago I read a book about the Russian space program. One thing that stuck with me was the line about we spent over $100,000 to develop a pen that would write in the weightlessness of space. The Russians used a pencil.

That wasn't a very well researched book: http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp

Consider this before romaticizing Russian engineering:
- They steal and mimic technology: ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-4, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StG_44 ) Everyone does it. There's nothing too unique about Russian design.

- They screw up too: The MIG-21 initially was designed with a range of 75 additional kilometers, until during test flights it was discovered that 25 gallons of fuel are not recoverable by the intake out of the midline fuel tank due to the way it was designed. Every MIG-21 ever flown landed with 25 gallons of fuel, not matter if the engine was burning or not. Nice work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom