glad to see our community hasn't been affected yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know whether to stop doing business with them out of their stupidity, or gouging... Possibly both. How a gun-store can pull rifles is just beyond me. I can see somewhere like Wal-mart, but Sports World? Really? I buy most of my pistols from there and was shocked to see someone say they pulled their rifles today...

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AR mag "build kits" are basically sold out at most of the CA friendly dealers. I wonder how many guns were sold at retailers(regardless of the online phenomenon - no longer selling or sold out)

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In 94 the RUSH didnt happen until the Legislation was wrote and proposed. We dont even have legislation yet and people are already spastic. Its like the battle is already lost and im not even sure if Congress is in session.

"We have not yet begun to fight" has just became a cliche'.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 94 the RUSH didnt happen until the Legislation was wrote and proposed. We dont even have legislation yet and people are already spastic. Its like the battle is already lost and im not even sure if Congress is in session.

"We have not yet begun to fight" has just became a cliche'.

Exactly. No legislation on the table, a divided congress, and recent Supreme Court rulings favorable to the 2nd. Nothing like '94.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. No legislation on the table, a divided congress, and recent Supreme Court rulings favorable to the 2nd. Nothing like '94.

I agree partially - its nothing like 1994. It is way worse this time.

With no written legislation, people (rightfully) fear the worst, and we still remember the AWB of 1994 so we have a good idea of what to expect, especially when people in Congress are telling the media what they plan to do, i.e. more restrictive version of the 1994 ban. In 1994, many people were caught off guard, they won't make that mistake twice. Congress, while divided, has a democrat majority, who are more likely to go along with a Democrat sponsored AWB. All the recent supreme Court ruling have been decided by ONE vote. A death or retirement in the next 4 yrs would certainly change the balance away from the expansion of 2nd Amendment rights.

The 2nd Amendment is not not toast yet, but its certainly getting sprayed with a lot of gasoline right now and there are people with power who are waiting to light the match. We cannot let that happen.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congress, while divided, has a democrat majority, who are more likely to go along with a Democrat sponsored AWB. All the recent supreme Court ruling have been decided by ONE vote. A death or retirement in the next 4 yrs would certainly change the balance away from the expansion of 2nd Amendment rights.

Not at all...the Republicans are firmly in control of the House and the none of the conservative judges are due to retire. Those expected to retire are already libs...so no change in the balance of power. The Dems can tell us what they are going to do all they want, but if they don't pass it, it isn't going to happen. Some of them remember the '94 mid term elections.

Shocking I know, I'm usually the pessimist...but I am optimistic that this is all hot air and political posturing.

(edited to add that none of that means I'm sitting back smokin' a stogie thinking all is swell. But I'm not freaking out either)

Latest posts

Top Bottom