Glock 26 vs Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a Milt Sparks VM2 I didn't notice a whole lot of difference but I liked having the pinky extension on there.

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score
I've used a 27 for about 9 years and can shoot it well, tho it does require practice. I use a pierce extension and a grip plug which extends the butt by about 1/2 inch. Use a Sparks SS2 and it hides quite well. However, I am a big fan of the 19 and 23. They too conceal well and, in my opinion, are easier to shoot, esp in .40. Practice is the key.

rmwolf

Marksman
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more! You get a full fighting grip, and easier to eject mags (hands are not in the way). I have had to train myself to pull the spent mag out of my 27 while doing emergency/speed reloads. Sure like my 27, but agree the 23 is a better choice, esp as a primary weapon.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a 26 IWB in a Milt Sparks VM2 and it conceals very well. I think its to big for pocket carry, but I don't have deep pockets like Jerry:gun2:

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a 26 IWB in a Milt Sparks VM2 and it conceals very well. I think its to big for pocket carry, but I don't have deep pockets like Jerry:gun2:

Same for me. I tried pocket carry with a G26\27 and no workie. About the only thing I can pocket carry is a little 25 acp in a wallet-type holster I made.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions; I have decided to stick with the 19 for now. If I wanna curl my pinkie, I'll do so under a J-Frame (at least for the time being). Maybe I'll start thinking about another compact single stack...

Latest posts

Top Bottom