GM..... no more gas powered vehicles sold by 2035

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AFAIK, the only claim Ford made about that back then was that they were investing heavily into the electrification of their fleet, but that umbrella includes hybrids and plug-in hybrids, which is what they've been doing (along with pretty much everybody else in automotive manufacturing).

So after owning several fords over the years and each being a fix or repair daily after 60000 can you imagine how trustworthy their electrical cars will be???

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True to form, the environmental wackos & Dems have not thought it thru. Where will they get the electricity to power all these cars? Oil & coal plants? California still has rolling blackouts. Ever drive in LA? Millions of cars there. But since we’re all gonna die in 12 yrs anyway from climate change, not really an issue

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering that my F-150 has 150,000mi basically trouble-free miles on it, yeah, I can.

It's probably hit or miss. I bought a Made On Friday 01 Harley F150. Burned 2 qts of oil every 3k miles, a few different dealerships said "That's normal for that motor" and literally dropped the tranny at 70mph across I-240 at 75k miles. Never towed with it, never hot rodded it, never put the pedal to the floor. Worst truck I ever had.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At this point, I’m just waiting for the colossal explosion in a railroad tunnel, or maybe for the dynamiting of the last railroad bridge over the Mississippi.

Who is John Galt?
He aint **** compared to Howard Roark lol.

She killed me with AS...i know it was epic but every single good guy is the same in that book...every single bad guy is the same in that book...she really did everything she could to drive her philosophy home with that one.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after owning several fords over the years and each being a fix or repair daily after 60000 can you imagine how trustworthy their electrical cars will be???

Considering that my F-150 has 150,000mi basically trouble-free miles on it, yeah, I can.

Like Sooner, we have had a goodly number of Fords over the years. We've also had numerous GM, a couple of Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat and a few other odd brands, primarily foreign, and the Fords have given us a whole lot less trouble. In fact, I rarely ever have to have work done on the fords.

I had a 1980 Chevy Silverado 4x4 with the much praised 350 engine that was a real lemon. At 17,000 miles the lobes on the camshaft started going flat, and at 60,000 miles it needed a complete overhaul. All after careful and regular maintenance.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He aint **** compared to Howard Roark lol.

She killed me with AS...i know it was epic but every single good guy is the same in that book...every single bad guy is the same in that book...she really did everything she could to drive her philosophy home with that one.
Yeah, she had the same problem with that novel as Upton Sinclair did with The Jungle. The both do a pretty good job of selling their philosophies until they start preaching about them directly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom