God

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yet He didn't.

The issue with the atheists on this board is that they want a god who fits their idea of what a god should be...one that says the things they want to hear, does the things they want to see done, acts the way they want him to act. You basically want a politician. God isn't a politician.

Next time you create a universe, you can make whatever rules you want.

Quite the contrary. Christians are quite the politicians and history proves this. You've got a majority that have the "do as I say, not as I do" attitude. From my experiences, you get smoke and mirrors and a regurgitation of what they only know from being told, when you ask any critical thinking questions.

Speaking for me, whom I would say is more an agnostic than an atheist...... I just require that any "god" that created me have more integrity, compassion and logic than me. Man screaming on the sideline with sheeple responses of their interpretations as to why and to just blindly accept them, is not good enough for me. My fear and emotions just don't have a stranglehold on me like that.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet He didn't.

The issue with the atheists on this board is that they want a god who fits their idea of what a god should be...one that says the things they want to hear, does the things they want to see done, acts the way they want him to act. You basically want a politician. God isn't a politician.

Next time you create a universe, you can make whatever rules you want.

Just to make sure I understand, based on your previous posts, you think it is the Catholic Church and the Pope that define the rules? Except for the last few popes, you've made a rule that they aren't real Popes? And all other religions, theists, preachers, rabbis, etc... don't know what they are talking about?

Here I'll FIFY:

The issue with SoonerATC is that he wants a god who fits his idea of what a god should be...one that says the things he wants to hear, does the things he wants to see done, acts the way he wants him to act.

SoonerATC can make whatever rules he wants!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am no Christian so I hope you don't mind my reply. You are asking straight forward simple questions...that aren't so simple to answer. They are unanswerable from the unfortunate 99.9% of Christians that couldn't care less about metaphysics and theology but blindly follow brother bill's (or whoever) interpretation of an already edited and translated interpretation.

Just to make sure I understand, based on your previous posts, you think it is the Catholic Church and the Pope that define the rules? Except for the last few popes, you've made a rule that they aren't real Popes? And all other religions, theists, preachers, rabbis, etc... don't know what they are talking about?

Here I'll FIFY:

The issue with SoonerATC is that he wants a god who fits his idea of what a god should be...one that says the things he wants to hear, does the things he wants to see done, acts the way he wants him to act.

By all means, join the fun. Stay awhile.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When debating religion and god. I like to start with the question, "Do you realize how large the universe is?"

If they answer yes, I won't even bother talking to these know-it-alls..you can't change their mind with anything.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No. Try again.

Sorry, I didn't realize YOU had the answer. Please enlighten us.

That's my point... No they're not. Those that were really blessed are the ones who saw him work his magic with their own eyes. But you believe his lie. He's directing your attention over there and you believe him. "Look, over there, it's a giant, Johnson!!! What's that on the radar? I dunno, but it looks like a giant Wang! Pay attention!!!"

I think you missed my point which I just re-emphasized above.

I think He's pretty clear about the fact that those who have not seen are blessed. That wasn't a parable open to interpretation. It was a direct statement. I still don't understand your point about the misdirection and how that has any tangent at all to the specific Scripture I quoted.

Here I'll FIFY:

God obviously defines the rules. I think He clarifies those rules for us through the Catholic Church, which I believe is the Church originally founded by Christ, not some offshoot denomination created by Uncle Bill. I didn't make a rule they aren't popes. Maybe they actually are, but their actions and words speak otherwise and are counter in many aspects to what Pre-Vatican II Popes taught for over 1,900 years.

Some religions contain some truths. Some of what the Methodists teach is true, some of what Mormons teach is true. But the only religion that is true from front to back is Catholicism.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When debating religion and god. I like to start with the question, "Do you realize how large the universe is?"

If they answer yes, I won't even bother talking to these know-it-alls..you can't change their mind with anything.

They ones that claim to have answers about it, are the ones who are the farthest from an answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom