Good hole in the wall places to eat...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come south towards OKC and get off at Waterloo Road (exit 147) between Guthrie and Edmond and have the all you can eat catfish at the Steak and Catfish Barn.

It is right at the exit on the East side of the Interstate. It isn't much to look at but the catfish is excellent. I can't attest to the rest of the food.

i373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_IMAG0196.jpg

I just noticed something in the picture, free Wi-Fi! Which is weird, they don't have two chairs that match or ,evidently, a mop but hey they got free Wi-Fi

BC

Don't know about the steak but the catfish is definitely worth the trip. It's about a close to "ramshackle" as you can find but the catfish is excellent!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The old Knotty Pine BBQ out on the old Sand Springs line that burnt down was the original hole in the wall place to eat. The new one in BA has the same food, but lacks the old "atmosphere".

I ate at the original when I was a kid and I remember it being really good. I had "rib ends" which were excellent. The whole atmosphere was pretty cool, it's sad that it's gone.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In OKC, for steak try the Cattlemen's Restaurant on Agnew. I recently went there for the first time & was blown away by the quality of the food & the service. Not cheap, but worth it. Also, in Warr Acres, a small Chinese food place called the Lotus Mandarin. Its right off of Macarthur & NW 39th EXPY. Its a small buffet, but the variety is good & its more than reasonable! Also, +1 on H&H's Onion Burger, But I would have to give the edge to Bunny's Onion Burger on Meridian. Real close & real good.

Worst steak I ever had was at Cattlemans. Their "presidential" steak was thin, tough and flavorless which matched their famous salad. The flies loved the place though...they were all over it. I will NEVER eat at that place again, what a waste of money!

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet Lisa's in Tulsa just East of peoria on pine.
Simple menu consisting of Pork Chops (fried or grilled) and Fish (fried or grilled) then every damn soul food side dish you can think of.

Freeway's on 4th and sheridan for the best homade breakfast I ever had. (Sorry Grandma they serve theirs all day). Prices are really good.

been making a point to try all the places mentioned in Tulsa ...

tried Sweet Lisa's because of all the recommendations ... was a bit disappointed. fried pork chop was burnt and my cabbage was cold.

Freeway cafe at 4th Sheridan was excellent with great prices too ...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tried Sweet Lisa's because of recommendations here ... was a bit disappointed. fried pork chop was burnt and my cabbage was cold.

Freeway cafe at 4th Sheridan was excellent with great prices too ...

You didn't get the fish? You need to try the fried catfish with mac & cheese and Okra.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't get the fish? You need to try the fried catfish with mac & cheese and Okra.

perhaps I'll give it another chance with the fried catfish ... asked what their specialty was .. they said fried pork chops and cabbage. so that's what I went with...

Latest posts

Top Bottom