Good luck Mr Riley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it's not what he did, but HOW he did it.
There are a few who would feel that way no matter how he did it, but the way he did it was pretty much guaranteed to sour nearly the entire fan base on him.

Personally, I've got bigger worries in my life, so I'll just wish him well in his future endeavors.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You don't get it Karen, you have no business telling people or kids what to do with their lives. Lots of childhood activities have risks.... THAT'S the point you missed. Besides kids playing football are MUCH safer than they ever have been. You obviously never played and only have the experience of watching a few videos. Whenever you might in fact have kids, you should do so as you please, but otherwise you need to stop being just like the left and telling people what's best for them.
"best" is subjective.
brain damage is not. it is fact that you still have yet to attempt to even argue.
once again, if you can comprehend my posts (i know it's hard) you will see i never *told anyone* what is best for them, nor what to do.
in fact, i suggested if someone was foolish enough to discount evidence of this, but yet simply didn't care and made the decision for their kids, that was fine. because i mean, it's not like i'm the one getting brain damage lol.

also, funny hearing "don't tell people what's best for them" coming from the vaxxer. you get your fourth dose yet?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I honestly believe kids get less concussions now than 30-40y ago when I played, even though more kids are diagnosed with a concussion now simply because of concussion protocol which is needed. Not sure what your protocols were, but ours were pretty much non existent. If you were a starter, could stand up with your eyes open and you thought you could play when asked, you were back out on the field. Looking back I know I had 2 for sure and possibility 4 before the 10th grade. Crown of the helmet hits either recieved or delivered every time for me. That's just how we hit though, blindside hits and blocks.
here you have a guy admitting to *at least* 4 concussions around the age of 16.

and you don't even "trust the Science" enough to understand the non-concussive hits are just as damaging to the brain.
"oh but it's safer today tho, just like the cigarettes!"
"lol, i bet you never even smoked, at least *not past high school*"
"when you have kids and you make the decisions for them to smoke (because daddy needs to be cool again), then you can have an opinion!"

loooooooool

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"best" is subjective.
brain damage is not. it is fact that you still have yet to attempt to even argue.
once again, if you can comprehend my posts (i know it's hard) you will see i never *told anyone* what is best for them, nor what to do.
in fact, i suggested if someone was foolish enough to discount evidence of this, but yet simply didn't care and made the decision for their kids, that was fine. because i mean, it's not like i'm the one getting brain damage lol.

also, funny hearing "don't tell people what's best for them" coming from the vaxxer. you get your fourth dose yet?

You're barking at everyone as if it's an absolute, it's not, not even close. CTE can be an issue in football, but a vast majority of issues only are significant if one plays past high school. Naturally, it can in other contact sports as well, not sure why you're missing that. Basketball, soccer, wrestling, hockey, rugby, anything involving a skateboard or bicycle, and martial arts all have their risks. Sorry not going to strap pillows to my kids and send them out in the world, so there's a risk level one has to endure when raising kids. Again, something you're not getting. Sure injuries happen, but they happen with all sorts of aspects of raising kids. If you're REALLY worried about kid's injuries you should go on a crusade about seat belts, swimming pools, and trampolines. Either way, kids are significantly better protected today than anyone my age ever was, and we made it just fine. You probably won't accept that, but it seems there's no point in arguing with inexperience and ignorance. You've never played football, you don't have kids, so you have no real world experience in the matter. Chess with a pigeon.

On the vaccination, I've said repeatedly people should do what's best for them and nobody should be forced to take anything ever, by the government. Don't conflate opposing misinformation with mandates or personal choice. Forgive me though, I've refrained on the 3rd and 4th shots, it seems my mind control device you believe was installed is failing. :D

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CTE can be an issue in football, but a vast majority of issues only are significant if one plays past high school. Naturally, it can in other contact sports as well, not sure why you're missing that. Basketball, soccer, wrestling, hockey, rugby, anything involving a skateboard or bicycle, and martial arts all have their risks.
It wasn't that long ago that teenage girls playing soccer were the big repetitive brain injury concern (primarily due to heading the ball, both the act and the collisions that occurred while making the attempt, IIRC). Football has made yuuuge strides in player safety, via both equipment changes and rule changes to eliminate the more dangerous plays. Hell, the NFL even has independent medical personnel who can (and do) invoke the concussion protocols to protect a player--this last weekend (maybe in the Detroit game on Turkey Day?), they actually had the refs stop the game to put a player through the protocols.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here you have a guy admitting to *at least* 4 concussions around the age of 16.

and you don't even "trust the Science" enough to understand the non-concussive hits are just as damaging to the brain.
"oh but it's safer today tho, just like the cigarettes!"
"lol, i bet you never even smoked, at least *not past high school*"
"when you have kids and you make the decisions for them to smoke (because daddy needs to be cool again), then you can have an opinion!"

loooooooool
The issue isn't with diagnosed concussions, and that is where the protocols have saved a lot of people. I witnessed a good friend of mind have a very bad incident with Secondary Impact Syndrome. Which is when you get someone that took a bad hit goes unnoticed and then shortly thereafter they take a second bad hit and it causes the brain to rapidly swell. If treated properly and quickly it can turn out alright, if not it has proven to be fatal. In my career I had 4 diagnosed and two undiagnosed concussions (defined by what they now define as a concussion). All of the CTE talk was just becoming a really big (national news) thing when I was an upperclassmen in high school and we saw the new implementations throughout my college career. The "science" behind it has been there since the late 90s but it wasn't until the events with some NFL players, like Aaron Hernandez, that the correlations were made between CTE in career football players and the actions committed by them (violent outbursts, confusion, dementia like symptoms). They knew about the dangers of continued head trauma with boxers, I mean Muhammed Ali was all but a vegetable later in life and look at Mike Tyson now. The difference is football as a whole has done A LOT to help prevent and also properly treat concussions making the recovery and long lasting effects much better.

The Cigarette comment is absurd and I won't be addressing it, as that is an asinine example.

I've had two major surgeries, and one spinal injury, along with multiple broken bones caused by the game. Does that mean that if my son wants to play I'm going to forbid it? Absolutely not, will I ensure he knows the risks associated with it? of course.

Your dislike of the game stems from a lack of understanding it, and a lack of understanding why those of us who played seriously did so. I wasn't an idiot and neither were my parents. It was my choice to play, and while I knew the risks I still played because I loved the game. However, I will be damned to let you sit here and give lectures about a game and players you don't understand and tell people that playing said game makes you retarded. Cause myself and thousands of others are living proof that you sir are incorrect.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread being 6 pages long overnight makes me glad I hunt and fish, and don't follow sports. :)

raw.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom