Good luck Mr Riley

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You would have to tie a leash on him to keep the sideline violations to a minimum. At Clemson, they assigned a big guy to watch him and grab him back from the sidelines.

View attachment 237524
Sounds like what John Madden used to call a “Get Back” coach. His job was to stand on the sidelines and tell everybody to get back away from the field of play.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
here you have a guy admitting to *at least* 4 concussions around the age of 16.

and you don't even "trust the Science" enough to understand the non-concussive hits are just as damaging to the brain.
"oh but it's safer today tho, just like the cigarettes!"
"lol, i bet you never even smoked, at least *not past high school*"
"when you have kids and you make the decisions for them to smoke (because daddy needs to be cool again), then you can have an opinion!"

loooooooool

I guess all that's directed towards me?

1. I don't have brain damage. Define brain damage as you're referring to it. I'm curious.
2. I've never had a cigarette, cigar, or pipe in my mouth, lit or unlit. I did second hand smoke for the first 18 years of my life though unfortunately, wasn't my choice.
3. Yes, my 14yo plays football and has since the 3rd grade and will continue to if he chooses to.
4. The last concussion that I've witnessed this year was during a basketball game.
5. Would I allow my son or daughter to start boxing with aspirations of becoming a professional boxer, no.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess all that's directed towards me?

1. I don't have brain damage. Define brain damage as you're referring to it. I'm curious.
2. I've never had a cigarette, cigar, or pipe in my mouth, lit or unlit. I did second hand smoke for the first 18 years of my life though unfortunately, wasn't my choice.
3. Yes, my 14yo plays football and has since the 3rd grade and will continue to if he chooses to.
4. The last concussion that I've witnessed this year was during a basketball game.
5. Would I allow my son or daughter to start boxing with aspirations of becoming a professional boxer, no.
If you try to stop them, and they're any good, they might beat you up. :rollingla

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You're barking at everyone as if it's an absolute, it's not, not even close. CTE can be an issue in football, but a vast majority of issues only are significant if one plays past high school. Naturally, it can in other contact sports as well, not sure why you're missing that. Basketball, soccer, wrestling, hockey, rugby, anything involving a skateboard or bicycle, and martial arts all have their risks. Sorry not going to strap pillows to my kids and send them out in the world, so there's a risk level one has to endure when raising kids. Again, something you're not getting. Sure injuries happen, but they happen with all sorts of aspects of raising kids. If you're REALLY worried about kid's injuries you should go on a crusade about seat belts, swimming pools, and trampolines. Either way, kids are significantly better protected today than anyone my age ever was, and we made it just fine. You probably won't accept that, but it seems there's no point in arguing with inexperience and ignorance. You've never played football, you don't have kids, so you have no real world experience in the matter. Chess with a pigeon.

On the vaccination, I've said repeatedly people should do what's best for them and nobody should be forced to take anything ever, by the government. Don't conflate opposing misinformation with mandates or personal choice. Forgive me though, I've refrained on the 3rd and 4th shots, it seems my mind control device you believe was installed is failing. :D
what. do. you. not. get. about. accident. vs. part. of. the. game?

holy crap dude. i honestly wonder if you have reading comprehension skills. all of those things you listed, ONCE AGAIN, involve ACCIDENTAL RISK.

i am talking about something that is 100% guaranteed to occur, you just aren't "trusting the Science". which is.....very funny considering where it's coming from.

repeated non-concussive brain trauma occurs from playing all levels of football. assuming it's "worse" because someone plays past high school is completely missing the point, and literally how i mocked you earlier.

"oh the cigarettes are much safer now, and really only a problem if you smoke past high school!"

it's too easy. i guess people who never served in government probably shouldn't have opinions about it either. you don't practice what you preach, that's the worse thing about you dawg.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why was this so sudden?
It was NOT "sudden," and - despite OSU fans' glee - certainly did not happen as a result of a single game. First, Lincoln (as reported several times over the season by Channel 9) did not support the idea of moving to the SEC. Second, this past season he was obviously distracted by something (also often noted by several reporters), and although rumors of interest in him by LSU got the school wrong, the rumors got the gist - "Lincoln's looking elsewhere" - correct. Third, employment contracts for football coaches take time to work out the details! - and those negotiations involve a "whole damned gang" of people... such a deal is not reached overnight.

This move has been in the works for a good part (probably most) of the past season.

HonkyCat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Posted on an OU forum, makes complete sense. Riley's house has been on the market since Sept.

Jump to newWatch
Carey Murdock
Sooner starter

Staff
Today at 1:59 AM
Add bookmark
So it's been a wild day. I woke up this morning after going to bed around 4am and had texts from everyone. Maybe a phone call or two. I left my phone in the living room and didn't charge it last night.
The texts were because of Feldman and Thamel's reports that USC was targeting Lincoln Riley.
Then around 2:30 I got a call that let me know Lincoln was taking the USC job and other then going and grabbing dinner, I've been here all day. Radio, podcast, IT Show. And the rest of the time taking phone calls.
Here's what I know about how all this went down between Lincoln and OU.
Lincoln had been working on a new deal with OU. There were a number of demands in there. But everyone thought this was an LSU deal and LSU deal only they were working against. Kind of like Lincoln's answers after the game the other night, LSU was simply being used as misdirection. No one thought Lincoln would leave OU for LSU because the culture up there was more NFL than college. Win a national title, but have a bad year after that and you're gone.
So all this was going on and OU started feeling confident they were dealing with Riley in good faith and it would all get worked out. But coaches in the offices said Riley was acting different. He wasn't running practices the same. He was asking for more input on gameplans when he's never done that before.
They didn't know what was going on but they felt like something was. Meanwhile Joe Castiglione and Bob Stoops felt like things were progressing and they were close to having a new deal done with Riley. Bob was involved in all of this. President Harroz was involved in all of this. Joe was certainly involved in all of this.
I've heard varying accounts of what Lincoln Riley wanted changed.
But essentially it came down to the fact that OU was moving to the SEC and they needed to bolster some things in the athletic department. Again, what that means exactly, I can only speculate based on a lot of things that I've been told. Hard to know how accurate it all is.
But the key thing here is that USC was never mentioned in all of this. It was always about LSU. So as of Friday, I'm told everyone felt like things were good. Lincoln and OU were going to work out the issues and LSU would not be stealing their coach. Joe felt good. Bob felt good.
Then Saturday morning came and something happened that gave them concern. So Joe, Bob and President Harroz all met to determine what was happening.
The long and short is they found out about the USC situation. They were blindsided. Lincoln had already made the decision before they found out.
I've talked to a lot of people today surrounding this whole thing. People feel betrayed. They're hurt. And with a seemingly orchestrated decommitment parade happening tonight, now people associated with OU feel targeted. Like Lincoln is now trying to burn things down from the inside.
And the greatest fear is expected, that Caleb Williams will leave and join Riley at USC.
I know Joe C is working on his search. He's starting to gather names. He's hitting up a lot of heavy hitters and just getting names to look into.
I think Joe C expected the program would take a hit from this. But how much of a hit is still to be seen. I think every hit will hurt.
But it's telling that Lincoln really did keep this under wraps until it was too late. And I think people don't believe he was operating in good faith the last couple of weeks. He made up his mind weeks ago.
I texted Bob today and never heard back. I know people very close to Bob that have texted and still hadn't heard back tonight. I think he took this pretty hard regardless of the press releases.
I've heard Switzer is f'ing fuming over this too. haha.
It hurts anyone who has been devoted to this program. It's hurtful for former players, current assistants and administration. They talk about a lot of what we talked about in the emergency pod tonight. The culture, the production, the development. Some people choose to look at the bright side of this. That all the things Lincoln was not doing well could be fixed moving forward. But there is obviously a great amount of concern about where this program will be when it enters the SEC.
Riley's move has damaged Oklahoma football. Everyone realizes that. It's been a rough day for a lot of people.
My last conversation tonight almost has me convinced of one move. OU has to seriously consider bringing in Jeff Lebby as OC. If he comes in, he could bring in Dillon Gabriel from UCF who entered the transfer portal. Lebby recruited him to UCF and he would give OU a capable QB to replace what they are likely to lose with Williams. And I really like that kid's game.
Riley is a weak stick, always has been! Cant win the big one! Had 3 great chances at National Title. I was never for hiring a Texas Tech alumni. When does Texas Tech mean anything to OU’s Tradition? Never!! Just remember this is the luckiest day in OU history knowing that Riley is gone and just a offensive coordinator and definately cannot organize Defense recruiting nor does he care. Glad Grinch is gone as well as all the assistants that followed Riley. Riley will never be included in OU history nor invited nor welcome on OU owned property. He would get his ass whipped real quick if he shows his peanut head anywhere close to Norman! He is a weak morals person and what do you expect him to be since raised in Muleshoe Texas. He knows he screwed up the way he handled the situation like a runaway punk(which he is). I hope he fails in LaLa land and maybe he will be in bed with Pelosi soon!! They deserve each other!! Who knows or cares! Screw Lincoln Riley!

HonkyCat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look, it's simple.
He has a family, he has a job, things change, people change why?
We don't fully understand.
But the fact is, he made his mind in leaving to go to a school that will welcome him.
We can't all be pleased, i'm not.
But I support people for their willingness to accept, overcome, and face change and challenges.
There may have been something happen at OU that didn't sit well with him, he mentioned it was a personal choice to go.
I respect that, but I also learned to appreciate the time he was here doing what he loves doing and that was coaching young talent.
We all are faced with challenges and choices and he chose to leave. Did he do it professionally, I don't think so. He is 38 and still has some maturing to do. He was a good person here, and he'll be a good person there. All you have to do in this life is what you want to do, not what someone else wants you to do.
I agree 100% with you on a person bettering himself. OU does too! OU will fire anyone that is unhappy with the Teadition at OU as head coach. Riley is a punk the way he treated the people that set him up. Yes Lincoln was handed the key to go on and produce wins(OU’sTradition). Which he failed, and he saw his own weakness. 3 shots at national title and he got smoked and our coached at all 3. The way the punk handled the deal is the problem. He cannot look a person in the eye. (Good Person? NOT). He lied to everyone involved including his players. Day before yesterday he finally met with with the players, walked in and started lying immediately, Demarco Murray spoke up and told Lincoln to Stop the **** was his exact words, and tell the truth. The meeting ended on him being called out by Benito after that and he walked out! He is a punk - always a punk- will be a punk forever!!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Riley is a weak stick, always has been! Cant win the big one! Had 3 great chances at National Title. I was never for hiring a Texas Tech alumni. When does Texas Tech mean anything to OU’s Tradition? Never!! Just remember this is the luckiest day in OU history knowing that Riley is gone and just a offensive coordinator and definately cannot organize Defense recruiting nor does he care. Glad Grinch is gone as well as all the assistants that followed Riley. Riley will never be included in OU history nor invited nor welcome on OU owned property. He would get his ass whipped real quick if he shows his peanut head anywhere close to Norman! He is a weak morals person and what do you expect him to be since raised in Muleshoe Texas. He knows he screwed up the way he handled the situation like a runaway punk(which he is). I hope he fails in LaLa land and maybe he will be in bed with Pelosi soon!! They deserve each other!! Who knows or cares! Screw Lincoln Riley!
I agree 100% with you on a person bettering himself. OU does too! OU will fire anyone that is unhappy with the Teadition at OU as head coach. Riley is a punk the way he treated the people that set him up. Yes Lincoln was handed the key to go on and produce wins(OU’sTradition). Which he failed, and he saw his own weakness. 3 shots at national title and he got smoked and our coached at all 3. The way the punk handled the deal is the problem. He cannot look a person in the eye. (Good Person? NOT). He lied to everyone involved including his players. Day before yesterday he finally met with with the players, walked in and started lying immediately, Demarco Murray spoke up and told Lincoln to Stop the **** was his exact words, and tell the truth. The meeting ended on him being called out by Benito after that and he walked out! He is a punk - always a punk- will be a punk forever!!
Tell us how you really feel....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what. do. you. not. get. about. accident. vs. part. of. the. game?

holy crap dude. i honestly wonder if you have reading comprehension skills. all of those things you listed, ONCE AGAIN, involve ACCIDENTAL RISK.

i am talking about something that is 100% guaranteed to occur, you just aren't "trusting the Science". which is.....very funny considering where it's coming from.

repeated non-concussive brain trauma occurs from playing all levels of football. assuming it's "worse" because someone plays past high school is completely missing the point, and literally how i mocked you earlier.

"oh the cigarettes are much safer now, and really only a problem if you smoke past high school!"

it's too easy. i guess people who never served in government probably shouldn't have opinions about it either. you don't practice what you preach, that's the worse thing about you dawg.

Dawg LOL? How old are you?

I understand what you're saying, you just can't see the forest for the trees and understand the bigger picture of people assuming their own risk. "Trusting the science" seems a VERY convenient phrase for you. You can mock me all you please, like I said, chess with a pigeon.

Again, it seems only know about sports what you obviously read. Trying to relay there's some sort of difference between accidental vs "part of the game." I'm not sure if you're that obtuse or just really have no idea about sports. Basketball injuries (which I never would have guessed) aren't too far behind football. The risk is still there, and still prevalent. If they all can get CTE or some other injury, and apparently they do.... what's the difference? Same with several other sports.... soccer...... rugby..... all the others previously mentioned. Either way, the problem with your theory, especially in Oklahoma, is the FACT that somehow magically, you don't have a bunch of former football players drooling on themselves. Why is that?

I get you're desperate to hold onto that Cigarette strawman argument but it's retarded. Pun intended.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom