Good Luck!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a good night!

I set my daughter up where I saw a lot of activity last night. She had deer on her by 4:30pm this afternoon and patiently waited for the right shot. I was sitting 750 yards away and watched everything through my 24X scope. She watched this buck for 20 min’s until he cleared the brush, bleated at him and double lunged him at 70 yards. He ran 15-20 yards and was down. That was at 5:15pm so I told her we would continue to hunt til dark.

At 5:30pm, two doe entered the field between me and her. They were followed by this buck we call Jack, because of his jacked up right antler. There are 3 bucks on our place with the same right antler, so we had agreed that whoever got the shot would take them out of the gene pool. He chased a doe further into the field, clearing the way for me to make a safe, but long shot. I estimated the shot between 350 - 400 yards and took the shot, hitting the ground right between his feet. Surprisingly, he just stood there, nosing the doe, so I adjusted and took a second shot, dropping him. Turned out to be 447 yards.

Attachments

• 04FD869B-F790-4C37-8831-0BC1E8F57E20.jpeg
    04FD869B-F790-4C37-8831-0BC1E8F57E20.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 141
  • E6F5C547-DB42-4D1E-9413-D296D69C590E.jpeg
    E6F5C547-DB42-4D1E-9413-D296D69C590E.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 145

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a good night!

I set my daughter up where I saw a lot of activity last night. She had deer on her by 4:30pm this afternoon and patiently waited for the right shot. I was sitting 750 yards away and watched everything through my 24X scope. She watched this buck for 20 min’s until he cleared the brush, bleated at him and double lunged him at 70 yards. He ran 15-20 yards and was down. That was at 5:15pm so I told her we would continue to hunt til dark.

At 5:30pm, two doe entered the field between me and her. They were followed by this buck we call Jack, because of his jacked up right antler. There are 3 bucks on our place with the same right antler, so we had agreed that whoever got the shot would take them out of the gene pool. He chased a doe further into the field, clearing the way for me to make a safe, but long shot. I estimated the shot between 350 - 400 yards and took the shot, hitting the ground right between his feet. Surprisingly, he just stood there, nosing the doe, so I adjusted and took a second shot, dropping him. Turned out to be 447 yards.
Congrats to both of you for some nice bucks and some good shooting!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It was a good night!

Nice congrats to you both!

Latest posts

Top Bottom