Good Luck!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a very hard time getting motivated today. Figure that means my camera would have tons of pictures today so I made it to the stand to ensure nothing shows up. Strapped myself to the tree at 6:51. Sunrise is at 7:21 here.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Strapped in just in time for legal shooting time. Is that normal practice? Many I know try to get in a minimum of an hour before official sunrise, or even an hour and a half.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strapped in just in time for legal shooting time. Is that normal practice? Many I know try to get in a minimum of an hour before official sunrise, or even an hour and a half.
No normally I would want to be strapped in 45 minutes before at a minimum, usually an hour. Today was a slow start and I'm struggling to keep the eyes open.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well.... Crap. I'm setting up a new stand/feeder for the other side of my property to hunt in a week or so. Drove the 4 wheeler out as you can see in the picture, set up the feeder, crossed back to side my stand will go, where the pic is from. I was here 15 seconds and heard something. Froze and listened and my #1 buck walked across the clearing 30 yards from me. He would have come my way but the 4 wheeler made him nervous (not sure why). 5 yards closer and I would have had a clean 25 yard shot.... Pretty sure he bedded down 40 yards in the woods. I had my bow with me just in case. Now what do I do!?
8a416cad58d1e0b3d81c371427f95a14.jpg

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Were you able to get the stand up?
Nope. That's what I'm wondering. Do I get the stand up quietly, then roar the 4 wheeler out of here?

Oh, and I busted a doe as well coming in. Stopped the 4 wheeler, got off and she went running. I hadn't reached her yet, but it looks like she was planning on letting me pass on the 4 wheeler

Latest posts

Top Bottom