Good news for 22 ammo shooters!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadoll

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news for 22 ammo shooters.

DHS has announced that they are not going to be buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammo.
(Only about 175 million for stocking supply)!

What does this mean??? We will no longer need those kind folks who have been getting up at 5:00 am every other day to procure 22 ammo for those of us who have a job and can't wait in line for 2 boxes of 22 lr ammo. Since panic buying will undoubtedly start to wane(that means slow down for all low info voters). We should see prices once again begin to come back down to a price where we won't have to sell our spare lawn mower gas money to purchase 22 lr ammo. From those hard working well intended wal-mart second hand retailers. Let all thank them and get back to normalcy once again. pHEW!!! That felt good!
Who says that all the news these days is bad?

cadoll

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, Nayak sought to counter what he described as several misconceptions about the bullet buys.
Despite reports that the department was trying to buy up to 1.6 billion rounds over five years, he said that is not true. He later clarified that the number is closer to 750 million.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...00-more-rounds-per-person-than/#ixzz2RZS16Ysr
You do realize this is the CLASSIFIEDS. Generally people buy/sale/trade in the classifieds.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great news for 22 ammo shooters.

DHS has announced that they are not going to be buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammo.
(Only about 175 million for stocking supply)!

I would also like to see a link to the article where DHS announces that thay are changing their previous order of 1.6 billion rounds/750 million rounds.... to only 175 million.
The link posted above is only to the DHS spokesperson arguing the 1.6 billion is only 750 million.... it makes no mention of The DHS suspending previous orders and submitting only 175millon for the the rest of this year?????

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Call me stupid, but I didn't know DHS shot 22lr. I assumed this was causing the .40 and 9mm shortage, or at least contributing somewhat. I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around the 22lr shortage other than the hoarders, but then again, I can't understand the mentality behind hoarding 22lr ammo, either.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me stupid, but I didn't know DHS shot 22lr. I assumed this was causing the .40 and 9mm shortage, or at least contributing somewhat. I still haven't been able to wrap my mind around the 22lr shortage other than the hoarders, but then again, I can't understand the mentality behind hoarding 22lr ammo, either.

I don't know about hoarding, but I have ~6k rounds of 22lr. This was all bought before sandy hook. I just shoot a lot of 22. If I could afford 6k rounds of 223, I would have that too. Ammo prices don't ever seem to go down, just up. If i find a deal, I jump on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom