Good news for 22 ammo shooters!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about hoarding, but I have ~6k rounds of 22lr. This was all bought before sandy hook. I just shoot a lot of 22. If I could afford 6k rounds of 223, I would have that too. Ammo prices don't ever seem to go down, just up. If i find a deal, I jump on it.

Nice stock of ammo.

When you shoot a lot of ammo, is it at a range, indoor or outdoor? Shoot matches? Just courious is all.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea why you would want to horde .22lr either. A friend had some sitting in a box that she hadn't messed with in a while. Went to her place and she pulled out her .22lr revolver and fired off a few rounds. Every other one was a dud because it had sat and bee jostled around a bit.

The way rimfire ammo is made makes it cheap and no where near as reliable as center fire rounds. The longer it sits and gets bumped around the more duds you are likely to have. I bought a 300round box and won't buy another until it's gone.

Onslow

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because me and my kids shoot about 1000 rounds of .22lr a month.
Just because you and your friends don't shoot regularly doesn't mean that I don't prepare for my future.
Also, i have .22lr ammo that is 8 years old and i still don't have any duds.

Store your ammo better.

AK Carl

New to the site!
Reaction score
I agree with onslow. I have shot many boxes of ammo, some from the 40's and 50's, some with the lead so old it looks like zinc. Rarely have a mis-fire with properly stored ammo.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea why you would want to horde .22lr either. A friend had some sitting in a box that she hadn't messed with in a while. Went to her place and she pulled out her .22lr revolver and fired off a few rounds. Every other one was a dud because it had sat and bee jostled around a bit.

The way rimfire ammo is made makes it cheap and no where near as reliable as center fire rounds. The longer it sits and gets bumped around the more duds you are likely to have. I bought a 300round box and won't buy another until it's gone.

I shot some 15-20 year old Winchester wildcat 22lr last week and it all shot fine. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom