Good reason not to mess with fat guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest advising you child to tell a teacher, because if it comes to blows, the school, in their infinite wisdom, may look at the situation and determine that you child was "plotting" to injure another student and that's not good these days....yeah, this really happened, thank God it wasn't my kid on this one.

BTW, some schools don't suspend for just 3 days, a lot of schools have a 10 day minimum suspension.

I disagree with the not telling authorities. I would prefer my kids tell the teacher and principal once or twice, that way when SHTF i can rub the teacher's noses in the fact that my child was being bullied and systematically denied protection when he went about it the "right" way. If its a push then my kid better just sit tight but if its a full out punch or something of that nature then they will have full authorization to unleash a can of whoop ass. And i prefer for there to witnesses as well like in this situation to back my kids story and spread the word so it could be the first and last time.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree with the not telling authorities. I would prefer my kids tell the teacher and principal once or twice, that way when SHTF i can rub the teacher's noses in the fact that my child was being bullied and systematically denied protection when he went about it the "right" way. If its a push then my kid better just sit tight but if its a full out punch or something of that nature then they will have full authorization to unleash a can of whoop ass. And i prefer for there to witnesses as well like in this situation to back my kids story and spread the word so it could be the first and last time.

I tend to agree with you that the school needs to be notified in some way except that I would add that I found that all the administrative employees (down to the office secretary) and the vast majority of the teachers (but NOT ALL of them) were only out to minimize liability for the district and themselves.

The tactic that worked the best for me was explaining to the authority figure I was talking to that 1. I had read the school policies, 2. that my children had done their best to follow the outline of the "law", 3. that I had talked to other parents and my children were not the only ones with Little Johnny or Mrs. B**** and finally 4. that I wasn't just going to go away quietly.

Like I said before it wasn't easy but my kids were never punished for doing what was right. Of course, it didn't hurt that when they did the wrong thing I was the first one at the school demanding they not be let off the hook. Kids learn the wrong lessons if they are always being punished for doing the right thing and let off the hook when they "slip up" ...

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fortunatly, my son is one of the students who never gets in trouble and all the teachers admire. If he tells them something, they believe him. The bad thing is that I am afraid that being this type of student may make him a target for bullies. That is why I have talked about this with him.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You're barely out of school yourself...have you ever dealt with school faculty as a parent?

I tend to agree with you that the school needs to be notified in some way except that I would add that I found that all the administrative employees (down to the office secretary) and the vast majority of the teachers (but NOT ALL of them) were only out to minimize liability for the district and themselves.

The tactic that worked the best for me was explaining to the authority figure I was talking to that 1. I had read the school policies, 2. that my children had done their best to follow the outline of the "law", 3. that I had talked to other parents and my children were not the only ones with Little Johnny or Mrs. B**** and finally 4. that I wasn't just going to go away quietly.

Like I said before it wasn't easy but my kids were never punished for doing what was right. Of course, it didn't hurt that when they did the wrong thing I was the first one at the school demanding they not be let off the hook. Kids learn the wrong lessons if they are always being punished for doing the right thing and let off the hook when they "slip up" ...

Things have changed, your kids would not get away with standing up for themselves today and too many parents can't believe that their little angels would pick on another student.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're barely out of school yourself...have you ever dealt with school faculty as a parent?

Things have changed, your kids would not get away with standing up for themselves today and too many parents can't believe that their little angels would pick on another student.

I dunno ... my kids aren't any older than a lot of the guys here. I do know it was an absolute clusterf**k trying to get anything constructive done. I finally let all three of my boys quit high school and get their GEDs.

My absolute favorite encounter was with a principal at PCW after they did an illegal search and questioning of one of my kids. While we were visiting about it on the phone she had the gall to tell me that she knew the law because her husband was a JBT. I told her that was good, meant we were on the same page because my husband was a JBT too. Dead silence on the other end of the line. Swear to God I thought I had given her a heart attack. GC and I were at the school the next day to tie up the loose ends from that conversation.

Second favorite was when they were gonna call the police and have my youngest charged with sexual harassment. The teacher in the room this supposedly happened in called me at home and told me she had told the principal that it didn't happen, that the girl making the accusations was always causing trouble and the principal told her she had better keep her mouth shut. It took some doing and I actually had to hire an attorney but nothing went on his record either. Found out later that the principal and little girl's daddy were drinking buddies. I did very much enjoy telling daddy in a meeting with several other people that his darling little girl was pregnant by one of the thugs at school. Seems she had told every single one of her classmates but had failed to mention that little tidbit to her father.

Generally speaking I have no beef with the teachers ... a good many of them are very dedicated and trying to do a thankless job ... but I have no use whatsoever for administrators.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is another related video. Its kind of the same thing/subject but a different situation and age group. The first 1:30 can be skipped too.

I would not call this a fight, he did not want to fight, but he did a good job defending himself.

:Warning for some adult language:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom