Got 2 sheep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Butcher and eat, if they've got the weight. If you take them thru winter they wont be cheap grub come spring .
What do you mean? Are you referring to the expense of feeding them through winter making them expensive meat?

They’re still kinda small. I figured I’d wait till at least February to process them

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might not eat them on the cheap but there's something special about feeding your family with food you grew / raised & somehow it's just better to me
Exactly. I tend to overlook my total cost when raising animals on my small homestead/hobby farm

For example we raised 2 feeder pigs and put them in the freezer this year. Is it really good pork and a great experience? Yes. Is it cost effective? No… I can buy factory farm raised pork at the grocery store cheaper than I can even raise my own. But you can’t put a price on the satisfaction of raising your own food.

Sometimes I get frustrated when people gripe about food prices and they think that meat/dairy products should be absolutely dirt cheap. In this fast paced modern civilization, we have lost connection with our food so much that we don’t respect it.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. I tend to overlook my total cost when raising animals on my small homestead/hobby farm

For example we raised 2 feeder pigs and put them in the freezer this year. Is it really good pork and a great experience? Yes. Is it cost effective? No… I can buy factory farm raised pork at the grocery store cheaper than I can even raise my own. But you can’t put a price on the satisfaction of raising your own food.

Sometimes I get frustrated when people gripe about food prices and they think that meat/dairy products should be absolutely dirt cheap. In this fast paced modern civilization, we have lost connection with our food so much that we don’t respect it.
Yep, there's a lot of good comes from raising animals to eat. Not just the health benefits but life lessons ect.

Latest posts

Top Bottom