Got a little ammo today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, got a little ammo today. Like everyone else it's been next to impossible for me to find some ammo lately.

Since I work near H&H I stopped in there. They are rationing ammo. I never thought I'd be glad to see some rationing, but at least more people can get some ammo as oppposed to the few, who seem to have no job or duties, from swopping in and buying everything up as soon as it hits the shelves.

Anyway, got 1 box of 9mm and 2 boxes of .40 at H&H. They do have .22LR but are limiting to 5 boxes.
I guess I can stop by in the morning and in the evening every day for awhile.

Then on the way home I stopped at Academy at NW HWY & 63rd. They now keep the popular stuff behind the customer service counter. They are limiting to 1 box of each caliber, for now anyway. They've been out for awhile.
They were out of 9mm and .22 so I only got 1 box of .40. They did have a LOT of .45acp and a LOT of 7.62x39. Of course they limit 1 box of each caliber, but at least you can get some.

I really don't like rationing, but at least it helps everybody to get a little bit.

Anyone remember the odd/even gas rationing in the 70s? IIRC gas was not sold on Sundays, for awhile.

Take care,
Gene

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why the heck would someone go to Academy so they could get 1 box of .223?
I wouldn't waste my time even thinking about going there anymore.

Well if they didn't it would be gone 5 min after opening. Everyone knows you take wife, friend, ect to get around 1 box limit. Ha

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey MR 10MM, Academy at NW HWY & 63rd has a LOT of 10mm, no limit. Can't recall the price. They must have had at least 30 boxes.

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey MR 10MM, Academy at NW HWY & 63rd has a LOT of 10mm, no limit. Can't recall the price. They must have had at least 30 boxes.

Thanks. I actually have more of that than most calibers I need, usually order that online. With all the other ammo going up in price and lack of ammo I am surprised more people haven't bought a 10mm.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, at Academy, it's 3 boxes per customer, per day, and of those 3 boxes, only 1 of each caliber.

However, I was in the Academy at IO-240 & Walker at lunch, and the lady let me get a 2 boxes of .40. One box was the 100 round WWB and the other was the PPU 50 round box. As far as she knew they were different because the boxes looked different. Different size, different color box, different manufactuer. On the open shelf, grab what you want, they had lots of .38, 357, 10mm, and a LOT of .380. Absolutely no 22LR.

I won't say it's dishonest, but you might, if your conscience allows, to make a stop in the morning and a stop in the evening. If they still have lots of ammo on the shelf, well, may so, maybe not. Bring family and friends and have them buy some too. If they are running low on ammo, well heck no, no way. Let's be fair to all.

However, 22LR is scarcer than hens teeth. Man you just can't find it. H&H has some, 5 box limit per day.

This evening I stopped at the Walmart at Reno/ I-40 & MacArthur in OKC. While waiting for th clerk to come by with the key, I struck up a conversation with a man and wife who were also wanting ammo. They told me they had driven for 2 hours, one way, just to try to find some ammo. That particular walmart has started a 3 box limit per day. After listening to their story, I referred them to a couple of places in the metro area that did have what they were looking for. Man to have to drive 2 hours one way just to try to find some ammo. Wow.

It sucks, but I find myself on my lunch hour hitting a walmart or gun shop and get what I can, and on the way home hit one or two more. With good luck you can get a bit of ammo. Requires patience and footwork and a bit of networking via phone and email with friends who help each other with ammo sighting.

Good luck to all and be safe out there. Gene

runnin17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heartland's in Edmond has winchester 5.56 ammo in stock. 5 box limit at $13.99 per box. I was tempted, but in the end I passed. My limit right now is 50cpr.

Latest posts

Top Bottom