Things You "Find" After Many Years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago, when my son was maybe 3, he would not leave my wife’s heirloom nativity scene alone, so we bought one for him to have. Soon after, the baby Jesus disappeared. For years, he would randomly show up and disappear again. When the boy “outgrew” his Mickey Mouse backpack, we cleaned it out and found the baby Jesus. When we asked him about it, and he just kinda said “well, yea”.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A dear friend for no reason, just out of the blue,,,
Gave me a new swiss army knife,,,
One of the tiny ones.

I used it every dang day for years,,,
Then I lost it.

Several years later I was watching my cat,,,
Playing with something under a shelf,,,
It was my swiss army knife.

A few years back I moved an easy chair,,,
And found a 1,000 round case of 9mm Ammo.

I had ordered it during an ammo panic,,,
Stored it under the easy chair,,,
And forgot about it.

Aarond

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A dear friend for no reason, just out of the blue,,,
Gave me a new swiss army knife,,,
One of the tiny ones.

I used it every dang day for years,,,
Then I lost it.

Several years later I was watching my cat,,,
Playing with something under a shelf,,,
It was my swiss army knife.

A few years back I moved an easy chair,,,
And found a 1,000 round case of 9mm Ammo.

I had ordered it during an ammo panic,,,
Stored it under the easy chair,,,
And forgot about it.

Aarond

I can honestly say that I’ve never been so fortunate enough to have to store stuff under an easy chair or couch. Unfortunately, all my current ammo fits in a closet. I’d like to start moving from buying ammo by the case to buying ammo by the barrel or pallet, but I’m not that fortunate yet.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Built my house mostly myself. Subbed where I had to. I have a wooden/sided chimney with insulated wood stove pipe going thru the center. About 15 years after construction I gained access to the inside of the chimney to run some coax to the tv below. There hanging by the claws on a 2x4 was a hammer I had lost during construction.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can honestly say that I’ve never been so fortunate enough to have to store stuff under an easy chair or couch.
I really didn't need the ammo but purchased it because of the panic,,,
It was delivered to my place and rather than unpack the box,,,
I just scooted it under that chair temporarily..

Another example of how temporary can become permanent.

Aarond

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find or re-discover. Occasionally I'll open a box or look somewhere and I'll re-discover something I haven't seen in years.

Today it was PMags. "Free Colorado" PMags from 2013 when the stupid "high capacity" magazine restriction was passed. MagPul was located in Colorado at the time and they sold these to get as many into the hands of Colorado residents as they could before the law went into effect. They were really inexpensive, too. I got my limit of 5. Found them in an ammo can I haven't opened in years, probably.

They're still in the wrap so it's a little hard to see...

View attachment 430072View attachment 430073
I picked up a box yesterday to move it, and found a signed Thunderbirds poster dedicated to my former girlfriend, now wife, by the team lead by Major Norm Lowry. They all died in the four-ship accident that forced transition to the F-16. One of the new members of the team was a young guy, Danny, I had "trained." He also witnessed the crash, as he was doing still photography for them. And got out when his hitch was up. He was a fantastic photographer, and a great young man. Training him was just getting him used to doing things the AF Way. And our boss at the base photo lab had been the T-Birds lead photographer for most of a decade. He spent quite a bit of time grooming Danny for that position.

I've attached a bad photo of the poster. Last time I saw it, it was in a storage envelope with a mat for a large frame. Sheri and I got married in August of 1982. Maj. Lowry and Capt. Mayes were well know and liked at the photo lab, and we but in extra effort for Maj. Lowry's package to become the next Thunderbird Lead Pilot. And Capt. Mayes had a baby due...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Thunderbirds_Indian_Springs_Diamond_Crash

Attachments

• T-Bird Poster c&r.jpg
    T-Bird Poster c&r.jpg
    1,004.3 KB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At it again. Unpacking boxes that have been moved several times over 30+ years but never been unpacked.

The whistle I was issued in the sheriff's department academy back in the 80s and my training flight picture book from Lackland AFB, 1979. I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen either of these things. They're not important...just reminders of a life gone by.

Whistle.jpg
Lackland.jpg

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's one I forgot. About February of last year, I went to leave the house and was putting my watch and pocket stuff in their place. Got to time to put my wedding ring on and I couldn't find it. Tore the house apart looking for it, but no luck. Looked for it numerous times over the next few months, but still no dice.

Back in September, for our 22nd wedding anniversary, my wife and I decided to get new furniture for the living room. Went and bought it and brought it home. While moving the old furniture out, I had to take the back off of the reclining sofa to get it out the door. When I pulled the back off, I heard a "think" sound and something roll across the floor.

Lo and behold, on the day of our 22nd anniversary, I found my wedding ring again. Only problem is that I've lost enough weight since I lost it that now the dang thing doesn't fit.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's one I forgot. About February of last year, I went to leave the house and was putting my watch and pocket stuff in their place. Got to time to put my wedding ring on and I couldn't find it. Tore the house apart looking for it, but no luck. Looked for it numerous times over the next few months, but still no dice.

Back in September, for our 22nd wedding anniversary, my wife and I decided to get new furniture for the living room. Went and bought it and brought it home. While moving the old furniture out, I had to take the back off of the reclining sofa to get it out the door. When I pulled the back off, I heard a "think" sound and something roll across the floor.

Lo and behold, on the day of our 22nd anniversary, I found my wedding ring again. Only problem is that I've lost enough weight since I lost it that now the dang thing doesn't fit.
Last time I saw my wedding ring it was hanging on a nail over the kitchen sink. That was 5 or 6 remodels ago... Call it 20 to 25 years ago. Haven't found it yet. Do know where the Lion's head ring with ruby eyes is. She bought it for me in Turkey. Wife said most of the stuff I do isn't safe to wear a ring for, so as long as I remember where to go for dinner I don't need the ring on my hand. She likes what I do with that hand enough she doesn't want me to risk losing a finger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom