Things You "Find" After Many Years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I saw my wedding ring it was hanging on a nail over the kitchen sink. That was 5 or 6 remodels ago... Call it 20 to 25 years ago. Haven't found it yet. Do know where the Lion's head ring with ruby eyes is. She bought it for me in Turkey. Wife said most of the stuff I do isn't safe to wear a ring for, so as long as I remember where to go for dinner I don't need the ring on my hand. She likes what I do with that hand enough she doesn't want me to risk losing a finger.
My wife and I have never been very traditional when it comes to our rings. It's definitely not the ring that bonds us. It's the 30ish years of trials and tribulations and good memories and bad that have bound us. We both have always taken our rings off at night and have gone multiple days without them, and yet we have never ever felt not married because it.

That all being said, it really p8ssed me off when I couldn't find that damn thing and I was extremely happy when I found it. For now, until I can get it resized, it resides on my keyring. This way it's still always with me every time I leave the house, just like before I lost it.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
After dad died, three months later mom died. While going through dad's stuff I found this CIB bracelet I have never seen before. He was always showing his military stuff and I thought I had seen it all. In fact, for his Honor Flight to Washington D.C., I presented him with a 3 inch thick scrapbook wifey and I put together about his army war service, He was drafted into the war in 1943 and left as a First Sergeant in 45.

dads CIB bracelet.jpg

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost forgot about this Gem.

1700493213248.png

It's a ROHM .22 Short revolver,,,
I bought this in it's original box back in the early 60's,,,
I paid a whopping $5 for it and 44 rounds of ammunition for it.

Apparently the owner fired one cylinder through it.

It was at a garage sale,,,
I was 11 or 12 years old at the time.

The front sight fell off somewhere in that box of shorts,,,
I told my Pop that I took it off so it would clear my pocket easier.

He said that was a great idea,,,
Because when someone took it away from me,,,
And shoved it up my @$$, it wouldn't hurt so bad coming out.

In a way the joke was on him,,,
I did use the pistol in a self defense scenario,,,
I was being car-jacked or robbed and I got one shot off,,,
I missed but the report convinced the goblin to seek an easier victim.

Anyways, back in 1999 when Moore, OK got leveled by that F-5 tornado,,,
We were sifting through the wreckage of my sisters home.

I found a box of 60's Mod clothes I had stored in her attic when I went into the USAF,,,
Inside the box were a pair of genuine Dingo boots,,,
This pistol was wrapped in a sock in one.

So it was lost (forgotten for 29 years,,,
I still have it but it's never going to be fired again.

Aarond

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple years ago I discovered my wedding band was not on my finger. Wife and I had home renovation projects going at the time that required a trip to Lowe's. I called them to see if anyone might have picked it up and turned in to lost and found, no luck tho. I retraced steps around the house, searched my truck to avail. Although my wife wasn't concerned over the loss, I was sick to my stomach because I figured the ring was gone for good.
About a week later I was putting a load of laundry into the front load washer, and found the ring in the rubber door seal.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wedding ring was a 24 kt gold band and a hand me down from Grandpa. It still has their initials and the date of their wedding engraved inside. 1916. It kept trying to rip my finger off and I still wore it faithfully but when it shorted across a power supply and turned redhot, I finally took it off for the remainder of my technician career. Now it is too thin to wear without bending. I know right where it is.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bet I haven’t left the house 3 times without my wedding ring since we married 16 years ago. Just feels wrong not wearing one.
As for finding things not sure I should share this. 🫣 A couple months back I found $10K bundled in a jacket pocket I hadn’t worn for well over a year. “Oh Crap! Glad I didn’t donate that jacket to the Salvation Army.” I remember pulling it out of the bank when we were looking to buy a boat. Ya know, cash in hand negotiations always seem to go better for me. Anyhoo it’s back at the bank while this dolt enjoys his senility.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, yeah... I put a $10k bundle here, put a bundle there... I can't keep track of all of 'em, either.

And remind me, @Firpo , if you ever have a garage sale, lemme know, please. I wanna be there.

(I wish... I'da been clutching that wad 'o cash hard enough to leave dents in it.)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I used to work on my bicycle and had few tools and dont know where the few went over the years. I went in the military and returned to the old homestead and was digging in the soil and found an old rusty pair of pliers. The were rusty 29 years ago and just as rusty when I found them but still serviceable. Must have been made in the USA!
Now if I could only find that Khar pistol around here somewhere. I've looked and looked but forgot where I hid the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom