Got my Magpul BAD Lever in now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I'm pretty disappointed so far. I tried to install it - put it on the bolt-stop and started to screw it together (making sure it was lined up right and flush together).

I was using my thumb and forefinger only and using the short side of the Torx-bit L-wrench that came with it and it barely got firm (screw-head was flush with the screw-hole) and then it was loose again. I thought to myself "surely it didn't just strip", so I kept turning the wrench and sure enough - it wasn't getting any tighter no matter how long I turned it.

I backed it out and looked and sure enough, the threads are pulled out and around the screw.

I've got tons of Magpul products, so I'm assuming this is just a bad one, but no more pressure than I was putting on it when tightening down on the screw, there's no way it should have stripped (talking inch/Lbs).

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks EZ... I've had nothing but good luck with my BAD lever, I've even switched it from one lower the the other with no problem. Hopefully you will be able to get it sorted out without further hassle.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And I'm pretty disappointed so far. I tried to install it - put it on the bolt-stop and started to screw it together (making sure it was lined up right and flush together).

I was using my thumb and forefinger only and using the short side of the Torx-bit L-wrench that came with it and it barely got firm (screw-head was flush with the screw-hole) and then it was loose again. I thought to myself "surely it didn't just strip", so I kept turning the wrench and sure enough - it wasn't getting any tighter no matter how long I turned it.

I backed it out and looked and sure enough, the threads are pulled out and around the screw.

I've got tons of Magpul products, so I'm assuming this is just a bad one, but no more pressure than I was putting on it when tightening down on the screw, there's no way it should have stripped (talking inch/Lbs).

Give them a call on Monday and they'll take care of you. I put mine on with more torque that I really thought it could handle with such a small screw and it's still locked in place.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of mine had the threads at angle, it was tapped crooked. Re-tapped and all's good. I didn't want to mess with sending it back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom