Got The Timney Trigger Installed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It Showed Up Yesterday And I Kid You Not, It Took Me No More Than 15 Minutes To Go From Stock Trigger To The Drop In Timney Trigger.

So Far I Am Pretty Impressed. It Has Zero Creep, Breaks Very Clean, And Seems To Be A Decent Quality Trigger Group For What It Cost. I Cant Wait To Get Out And Try It Out And Also Sight In My Aimpoint As Well.

Only One Or Two Mods Really Left For Me Know. Eventually To Get The Aimpoint Magnifyer And Try To Find A Better Adjustable Butt Stock.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It Showed Up Yesterday And I Kid You Not, It Took Me No More Than 15 Minutes To Go From Stock Trigger To The Drop In Timney Trigger.

So Far I Am Pretty Impressed. It Has Zero Creep, Breaks Very Clean, And Seems To Be A Decent Quality Trigger Group For What It Cost. I Cant Wait To Get Out And Try It Out And Also Sight In My Aimpoint As Well.

Only One Or Two Mods Really Left For Me Know. Eventually To Get The Aimpoint Magnifyer And Try To Find A Better Adjustable Butt Stock.

I've been thinking about swapping my 2 stage RRA trigger out for the Timney. Just didn't know anybody that had the setup. I need to get with you some day and try it out if you don't mind. Help me make up my mind before I drop the cash on it.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure thing, I am hoping to get out to the range in the coming week or so to try it out and also get my optics setup completely.

I couldnt beat the price as it was on sale until 1/31/10 at the place I got it from.

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about swapping my 2 stage RRA trigger out for the Timney.

Same here bro. I really want to test out Timney, Jewell and McCormick trigger. I current have an RRA 2 stg trigger and JP trigger. I like JP trigger more than RRA. Im having hard time to chose between those 3 triggers I mentioned about.

Donald

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Timney and a Bold trigger on a couple of commercial mauser actioned rifles. I think the Bold is a bit better than the Timney. However the Jewell is the cream of the crop. I have them on my Benchrest rifles. Breaks cleanly at 2 oz. No creep, no nothing.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya but some folks don't want 2 oz triggers.
used to shoot a 10 meter FWB 601 and FWB 300 with 4 oz triggers.

aairgunner.org_wp_content_uploads_2007_12_fwb300s.jpg

switching from super light to normal weight triggers is a problem for me. prefer to set my rifles to 1lb 8oz, so that's normal for me. some think that's still too light.

got a CZ 550 .308 with a set trigger... high range is set at 1lb 8oz with light stage set at 10oz... which is the highest setting possible with that trigger. could easily go down to 4oz or less.

which do you prefer for say 1lb 8 oz range triggers?
sure would like to check several of the triggers mentioned vs my own trigger jobs using stock parts.

I have the Timney and a Bold trigger on a couple of commercial mauser actioned rifles. I think the Bold is a bit better than the Timney. However the Jewell is the cream of the crop. I have them on my Benchrest rifles. Breaks cleanly at 2 oz. No creep, no nothing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom