Gotta brag as we got lucky

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my wife had wrist surgery 3 months ago. She was expected to be in a cast for 6-8 months. She had a bone broken in her wrist that she broke when she was younger. Luckily even after that time (even as a smoker) the bone seemed healthy and not dying. Apparently she is healing well enough that we went from discussing the next surgery and options if/when it didn't work to now she is out of her cast. There is talk now of removing the pin that holds the bones together (the 2 broken pieces and the 3rd they cut and put in place) compared to removing it and inserting more metal and fusing stuff IMO is a miracle.

The other side is I was facing knee surgery 3 months ago. (Injured on St. Pattys day). I had problems even bending my knee enough to put on socks and shoes. I could be walking along my knee would pop and down I went. I put off the surgery as it didn't sound appealing to me under the circumstances. We joined the gym instead. In the past month I've made leaps and bounds improvements from where I was. I can walk on the treadmill (not run yet)use the stationary bike and I'm doing leg presses and such typically pain free. If I over do it I feel it, but to be where I am now compared to before is nothing short of amazing.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome to hear Rob. Glad things are working out (no pun intended). It's amazing how things work sometimes. I'm a firm believer that our bodies were meant to be exercised and it will keep you young no matter your age. Prayers sent that your wife's wrist is perfect.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doctors say you can build muscle around a bad/damaged joint to help support it.
If the tendons and cartilage are damaged they dont rebuild themselves.
Glad its working out for you, just make sure the tendons/cartilage isnt damaged, before working it too much

Last edited:

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's great to hear some good news! My wife is recovering nicely from knee surgery (she had a tear in the miniscus on her left knee) and is almost completely recuperated. She's had some excellent therapists working with her, and actually I think she READY to go back work lol!

Latest posts

Top Bottom