Had Surgery Today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Drink lots of water! Probably use a stool softener and laxatives as well. The Oxy's cause wicked constipation.
I guess some people don't experience those side effects but I could never see myself getting hooked on any of the opioid pain killers. I kind of like to poop fairly regularly.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My partial knee replacement I've read on the net that it will last a lifetime on one site and another 15 years. I'm eighty this year so either way I'm happy. Today it is starting to ache a bit, the block is wearing off.
I was going to say you may be up and around right now but wait until that sheite wears off. Ask me, I know!

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess some people don't experience those side effects but I could never see myself getting hooked on any of the opioid pain killers. I kind of like to poop fairly regularly.
I was glad to get off of them, but they were needed to deal with the pain. The Dr told me not to take NSAIDS as it would slow the healing process, heck, he didn't even recommend ice as that does the same.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been using hyperbaric air therapy to accelerate the healing of my left knee replacement. 6 weeks out and I have 133 degrees of flex, virtually no pain and the doctor could not believe how my knee looked at 3 weeks post surgery. The PT's as well couldn't believe my condition. I went to Hyperbaric Fitness, 3333 W. Hefner Road OKC 73120. 405-938-1476 . Hyperbarics work on the body in many positive ways in healing with no drugs.. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm. I do not work for the company, just a patient.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had TKR in February and I would recommend Dr. Warren Low. He initially talked with me for over an hour about my condition. I have to schedule my next TKR next month. I can't wait!! My first TKR is 1,000 times better than before. It sucked, the pain. No sleep. Lot's of PT and home exercises and 12 weeks out, tomorrow, it's feels incredible to be pain free. Now on to the next!

:thumbup3: Dr Warren Low ,he did my shoulder surgery over 10 years ago. Excellent job!!

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been using hyperbaric air therapy to accelerate the healing of my left knee replacement. 6 weeks out and I have 133 degrees of flex, virtually no pain and the doctor could not believe how my knee looked at 3 weeks post surgery. The PT's as well couldn't believe my condition. I went to Hyperbaric Fitness, 3333 W. Hefner Road OKC 73120. 405-938-1476 . Hyperbarics work on the body in many positive ways in healing with no drugs.. If anyone is interested shoot me a pm. I do not work for the company, just a patient.
I'm on w/c and they won't approve that treatment. I got the same amount of flex with pt and home exercises at 6 weeks. I could have been approved for more pt but I got much more improvement through home exercises ( my gf's oldest is a pt and sent me exercises to improve strength and flexibility). I've been told about hyperbaric treatment and it's benefits. There is one I deliver to @ nw 23rd and Council. They treat veterans.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a trigger finger and sought medical treatment in MWC since I live here. I found Dr Paul Miller in MWC on the internet and made an appointment to see him and in one visit he injected the offending area and resolved the problem. Meanwhile, I have been having sometimes excruciating pain of the left knee and asked him about the issue and he explained all about knee surgery including replacement and I went home to stew over the conversation. Final.y after much cogitation, I went back to him due to the pain and if I didn't have the surgery soon, age would prohibit surgery. We looked a the X-Ray and I could see that there was no space on the medial side of the knee, ti was bone-on-bone.
He seemed somewhat excited and told me I was a candidate for partial knee surgery which had a less painful approach, less down time, quicker recovery and less pain. I scheduled surgery and underwent the procedure this morning. I was set up for surgery late in the AM but received a call to show up at 0730! Went in and was prepped and had the surgery and I am up and walking immediately after surgery and still walking in the evening!
Dr Paul Miller took the time to explain everything and answer any questions the wife and I had. In my opinion, he is one of the best if not the very best knee surgeons in Midwest City and and I wholeheartedly recommend him. Someone was seeking a "back" surgeon sometime back and a Dr Carlin Yates of Edmond was recommended b y a co-worker a decade ago and I believe he is still practicing (thought I'd throw that in for some reason), I couldn't remember his name earlier to post.
So, you no longer have the finger??? Do I have it right?

Seriously, what, if you don't mind my asking, was the problem with the finger? The reason I want to know is because I'm having issues with what I believe is arthritis at the base of the thumb at the wrist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom