Gravley Convertible kicked ass!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any one use one? I had several of them back in the 80’s. All the ones I had in the past were the old ones with Studebaker Engines, this one has a Kohler. It’s a 1982 year. Miniature Brushhog. I have a few areas on a place that I recently bought that I don’t want to rough house my zero turn, and areas that a tractor is too big.

Now to find a Rototiller Attachment for it.

501CEC94-AF4E-4BBA-8184-388B6EA6BD94.jpeg
DD994FEC-7329-4242-9A75-C4BD3955573D.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep. i have had several. get the rotary plow. and get on ebay to get a swiftomatic for the transmission so you can split the gears. take about an hour or two to install.

This one has the two speed drive as well as 2 speed PTO. I had forgot how strong they are, offloaded it and went right to an area that has 28 inch tall weeds/grass and it walked through it like butter.

I want a Rototiller, you know of any places or guys that mess with Gravleys? I have never used a Rotory Plow, I had a cultivator, sickle mower and a straight blade that was modified and would push snow like crazy.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad had one, with the sulky, mower, and rototiller, and I spent a fair amount of time trailing it around the yard and garden. When he got it it had a blown engine, and he replaced it with a Tecumseh (a lot of the stuff we had we got because it was broken and he could fix just about anything). I think my uncle has it now; the last I heard, it was still going strong.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any one use one? I had several of them back in the 80’s. All the ones I had in the past were the old ones with Studebaker Engines, this one has a Kohler. It’s a 1982 year. Miniature Brushhog. I have a few areas on a place that I recently bought that I don’t want to rough house my zero turn, and areas that a tractor is too big.

Now to find a Rototiller Attachment for it.

View attachment 377122View attachment 377123
View attachment 377125
Very Sweet that's a man's mower

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knocked down a half acre with it today, then mowed it with my zero turn. No way in hell could the zero turn do what the Gravely did. It mowed over 26“ to 30” weeds/grass with no trouble at all.

No Sulky riding either, I walked it out. I never used the Sulkys on the ones I had 35 years ago back in my early 20s! But I may just try to on the next half acre! LOL!

Again it had no trouble.
Now I on the other hand am a whooped ass puppy and will be paying for my efforts for a day or so!

ECC3F969-D3CE-41C5-AB94-6720B7C9AEBC.jpeg
9C937269-1632-4E8E-9AB9-704E020BEE01.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knocked down a half acre with it today, then mowed it with my zero turn. No way in hell could the zero turn do what the Gravely did. It mowed over 26“ to 30” weeds/grass with no trouble at all.

No Sulky riding either, I walked it out. I never used the Sulkys on the ones I had 35 years ago back in my early 20s! But I may just try to on the next half acre! LOL!

Again it had no trouble.
Now I on the other hand am a whooped ass puppy and will be paying for my efforts for a day or so!

View attachment 377463View attachment 377464
The look on the dog's face is excellent. It's like "What the hell bro?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom