Mower Clean up made easy now, thanks to a couple members!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the front 1 acre that was 30” to 35” tall on average. That beast of a Gravely walked through it, then the Hustler 48”. Gravely cuts 30” and is a beast to hold on to! Last time I steered one I was in my 20s.

Notice it has a ramp to load floats, no need and will level some holes with that pile dirt.

3EC36A37-4777-4A71-95C0-989E0E29FCA0.jpeg
D4258B2F-6B67-4875-9B18-492F2BA84AB4.jpeg

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to give this a try. With all the rain lately I've had to clean under the deck again. I also need to get back on the Gravely restoration project. It has the same 30" mower.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the seat switch and the reverse switch is the first 2 i disconnect on my mowers.
I can't do that. A friend was mowing around the edge of his pond, got turned over when it was too steep and the blades chewed on him for a while before he died.
I never defeat the safety devices even those that are kind of insane. That thought of being chewed up can't leave my brain.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remedied that, on both mowers. A half full tank compresses the ass switch. I fixed that, no more tank needed! LOL!

Here gents! This is what I installed on recommendations from @rickm .

View attachment 380024

Looks like our Lowe's has them in stock. I just might own one before the day is out! Thanks, again!!!

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something else that works if someone wanted to do the work, is pour some concrete in a low spot to where you have a small belly and be able to pull your mower over it a sit nearly to the ground and fill low spot with water and engage the blades, I use to find potholes after a rain and pull the mower over it to clean out from under the deck.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cleaned my deck by hand, got it cleaned good. The water jet into the deck was less than 10 minute install. I highly recommend a piece of sheet metal. The one I use is an old 26g barn rib. curled all the sharp edges over with a small 6 lb sledge. Deck lowered as far as it will go and ****ing walla!

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Gunbuffer & @rickm The clean out water thing works great! I hav mowed and used it several times already and the deck is staying so much cleaner! Thanks on the suggestion!

I recently bought another home to remodel and it was overgrown to the point I have had to mow a clean areas several times, hence the several washes I have done on the mower! Works great!

I found a sheet of metal to pull in on top of which really helps on keeping the water where it needs to be and stopped it from making a mess on just dirt.

I picked up a second zero turn, a Gravely and it does not have one either. It will soon!

View attachment 380008

View attachment 380014
Did you remove the pulley cover to install? I cleaned out my deck tonight with a pressure washer and noticed there isn't much room on my 48 deck to install a deck wash.

Latest posts

Top Bottom