Gravley Convertible kicked ass!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gravely tractors have been around for over 100 years. Great walk behind tractors. I inherited my dad's Commercial 12 with a Kohler engine by way of my brother that passed away. Dad bought it used in the mid '70s to start a garden.

It needs new tires and I need the time to get it going again. It came with sulky, tiller, plow, sickle mower, push blade, 40" mower that needs work, and heavy duty 30" mower.

I've taken down 2" saplings with the 30" mower. I plan to use the tiller and the mower for areas that are too steep for the ZT and the tractor.

There are some Gravely groups on FB. One of them is for selling and trading.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gravely tractors have been around for over 100 years. Great walk behind tractors. I inherited my dad's Commercial 12 with a Kohler engine by way of my brother that passed away. Dad bought it used in the mid '70s to start a garden.

It needs new tires and I need the time to get it going again. It came with sulky, tiller, plow, sickle mower, push blade, 40" mower that needs work, and heavy duty 30" mower.

I've taken down 2" saplings with the 30" mower. I plan to use the tiller and the mower for areas that are too steep for the ZT and the tractor.

There are some Gravely groups on FB. One of them is for selling and trading.

You have the info on the groups on Facebook? I would appreciate getting on them and finding some attachments.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the rotary plow is an attachment that fits on the banjo gearbox that also drives the tiller. the plow is much better than the tiller for breaking and turning crops. the till is more of a cultivator than what we think of as a roto tiller

I’m surprised this isn’t a more popular option than a tiller, after seeing it in action.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The mowing capability looks similar to this Wegele mower. They’ve been around for many decades, produced locally in Kansas. When we lived in western Kansas growing up, they were used to mow bar ditches and anything too thick for a normal mower. The consensus was if you could drive over it, you could mow it, and about everything could be sourced at about any parts house.

http://www.grainfieldsupply.com/Wegele36.html

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 80’s to the mid 90’s I ran them every summer mowing yards for a housing authority. Never did tear one up, just sharpen the blades and go.

There used to be a place over in Edmond that was a Gravely dealer, can’t think of the name though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom