Gravley Convertible kicked ass!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter64

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up with Gravely’s my grandfather always had at least one around.
I actually got the last one my grandfather owned from my uncle last year, along with a trailer full of other stuff.
I have way too much gravely stuff in my shop. I work at MATC in Wayne and will be out of school next week. I am planning on get it all sorted out and letting some of it go.
I will post it has I get it sorted out, since I see there might be some interest on here.
Kris

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any one use one? I had several of them back in the 80’s. All the ones I had in the past were the old ones with Studebaker Engines, this one has a Kohler. It’s a 1982 year. Miniature Brushhog. I have a few areas on a place that I recently bought that I don’t want to rough house my zero turn, and areas that a tractor is too big.

Now to find a Rototiller Attachment for it.

View attachment 377122View attachment 377123
Somebody still makes a system like this but damn they are expensive
https://www.bcsamerica.com/

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found a Rotory Plow! A while at the guys place with the Rotory Plow he had a deal on this Gravely ZT HD 52” mower, so brought it home too.

He was moving to town an no more need. 2019 22 hours, Gravely ZT HD 52” cut. 23hp Kawasaki.

61FD4FB3-1428-4730-A8D3-4AAA78713F60.jpeg
331882DB-B7DA-4A0D-8F61-9BE3313FAC8F.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
fill that gearbox with 90 weight. if it leaks fill it with corn head grease. it will last forever.

Alteady has been tapped for grease zert. The old gent just serviced it and put a thicker dirt shield on it for me! He was a cool gent! Old Gravleys are in his blood! All he has ever used to mow and garden with into his late 70s and still going. Gave the wife a half a sack of strawberries.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the grease zerk is for the pivot. the gearcase should have an oil plug on it. the gears are bronze so don't use EP type of gear oil because it will eat the gears. if the seals leak you can fill the gearcase with corn head grease. it liquefy when in motion and solidify as soon as the motion stops.

Latest posts

Top Bottom