Great Wolf Lodge in TX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, who pays attention to those ccw signs? I've "heard" that you can carry there, as long as you don't tell anyone. ;)
FYI, they have safes in each room that you can program your own combo in to store your gun (hypothetically, of course).

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was there in June I noticed they had the sign for employees in relation to non-permited carry but did not appear to have the prohibition signs.

I thought this was quite positive.

Michael Brown

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Liberty addict

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it is an amusement park you may not carry regardless of the lack of a 30-06 sign posting. You need to check into it's status. Shoulda headed to New Braunfels to Schlitterbahn, older but way cooler. We went there last month.

If you read the Texas statutes more closely, you will find that the part on Amusement Parks was overridden by the 30.06 code. Basically it now says amusement park carry is OK unless they have the 30.06 signs.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If in doubt here is your sign information. You might want to brush up on the Tejas statutes they are a little different than oklahoma.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/crime_records/chl/signposting.htm

Any other language and it is not valid.

Heres a link to Texas statutes.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/LS-16.pdf

Prohibited carry is list starts on page 45, note once again places prohibited by statute do not have to post a sign.

Legislators always amaze me with the way they write things.

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

(emphasis mine)

So...entering with an unconcealed handgun is ok? Or a rifle is ok?

Entering with a .50 Barrett should be fine then.

Why don't they just say "may not enter this property with a firearm"?

Latest posts

Top Bottom